It's been years! General forum

15 replies. Last post: 2014-06-23

Reply to this topic Return to forum

It's been years!
  • Ryan at 2014-05-30

I haven't been to this site in years! I played here all the time, and was pretty active in the community. (specifically in Hex). I remembered the site today randomly, and now I wonder if the people I played with before are still around. I have always used my real name here, Ryan Sarkela, but on playsite (even further back) I went by “00_00”

• richyfourtytwo at 2014-05-30

I found two games of Hex 19 between you and me from 2006 and 2007. So yes, looks like some people are still around. Welcome back!

• David J Bush ★ at 2014-05-30

Yes Ryan, we played several games, on both size Hex grids, and some Twixt games. I'm glad to see you back! If you are still interested in real time play, these days you can go to iggamecenter.com

• Art Duval at 2014-05-30

Hi Ryan,

We played a Hex game in 2005, when I was just starting.  Welcome back!

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2014-05-31

Hello Ryan

we played a chess game back in 2003 :)

Cheers

• David Milne at 2014-05-31

Hi Ryan,

We played a game of Twixt back in January 2004.

Time to play again :-)

• Ryan at 2014-05-31

Some real dedication from you guys for still kickin'. I'm a bit rusty, but let's see if I can't challenge some of you again.

• Marius Halsor at 2014-06-01

Welcome back, Ryan! :-)

• klaashaas at 2014-06-02

Hi Ryan,

You kicked my ass several times in Hex. Our connect6 game didn't last very long: you were obviously too strong for me. We didn't finish our Dots game, but I had the chance to beat you in Go.

Welcome back!

• mtbikesman at 2014-06-02

Ahem.  It has been six hours since I logged on and I would like to tell everyone just how great it is to be back among my fellow game players.  I remember like it was just yesterday trading one great move after another in some stellar games .

So tell me, are the greats of the game still living?

• Paul Wiselius at 2014-06-02

That depends on whether you circled left or right around our stellar system ;-)

• David Milne at 2014-06-02

What did you take mtbikesman, the red pill or the blue pill? Depending on your answer I may have some interesting news for you :-)

• mtbikesman at 2014-06-03

I took both red and blue but they were M&Ms and not really pills.

• Paul Wiselius at 2014-06-22

Well, that blue pill must have done it. I was away 14 days, and we have still just one new design thread… When was the next redesign planned again…?

• ypercube at 2014-06-23

Welcome back, Ryan! (invite me ;)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic