SYSTEM messages maybe add game type General forum

6 replies. Last post: 2014-10-04

Reply to this topic Return to forum

SYSTEM messages maybe add game type
  • Wolfpack at 2014-10-03

on some game types (reversi, chess, checkers)  I prefer to open when on my PC and analyse with programsthe rest I have not found any programs yet

• erratic at 2014-10-03

In chess, programs had already reached an Elo of 3300 five years ago (no idea how much it is now). Compared to the 2800 Elo of the world champion it is really not much fun to “analyse” with a computer. The “strategy” is: “play what the computer tells you, all other moves are inferior or at least there is no way you can know.” Tell your opponent so he can decide if it is worth playing as he can probably play against a computer himself. Turn based chess is a game of honor.

Find a game where the best computer is a mediocre player and that may be fun.

• Tommah at 2014-10-03

I was hoping he just meant that he would move pieces around on the screen, not that he had a computer engine playing for him.

• Wolfpack at 2014-10-03

System messages are on finished games.    Using programs on these, can highlight my major blunders.      The most ideal programs would be ones that could sort all my moves, I.e. one colour, by blunderish difference, and show a better move, from this better logic can be imagined

• Tommah at 2014-10-03

Ah, yes, I used to do that with my live chess games.  Crafty has a command that generates an HTML page with the board and its analysis after every bad move.

• Wolfpack at 2014-10-04

for chess I'm using Arena but it always looks like I'm playing white, seems impossible to rotate the board 180º to see blacks view

Return to forum

Reply to this topic