what is going on? General forum

12 replies. Last post: 2015-05-28

Reply to this topic Return to forum

what is going on?
  • CleverHunk steven cullum at 2015-04-09

I have been a long time players here.I was trying to see how to change my profile gif,if I can.being a non paying member.can I do this.how do you do it anyway?as I was thinking of joining.

also,I accidently discovered I have 3 of 20 holidays left….wtf..I did not know I had or had setup holiday..is there no warning?can this be changed

• William Fraser at 2015-04-09

I've not figured out how to change the profile picture either, but as far as holiday goes, a day is consumed (and 24 hours are added to each of your games) every time you run out of time in a game.

(And Membership buys you an addition 10 days/year).

• mmKALLL ★ at 2015-04-09

Profile pictures are searched from Gravatar.

Holidays work like this: whenever a time limit in one of your games runs out, a holiday is used and you get 24h more time for each of your games.

• mmKALLL ★ at 2015-04-09

And yes, the system is confusing and not directly explained to new players. But I suppose it makes sense and is in good design for a format like this.

• Carroll at 2015-04-10

The Gravatar procedure is explained here.

You usualy have to play your games at least every three days so they don't time out. Be sure not to register on more games you can play simultaneously, some games may come to head-aches situation where it is more than a few seconds to decide on best move. The more time you have invested, the less you want to do a silly mistake.

Don't play for ranking, it means nothing, fun is your reward.

• FingerPuppetsPullToy at 2015-04-16

I very rarely time out on a game..move at least twice every day

• FingerPuppetsPullToy at 2015-04-16

Don’t play for ranking = no point playing

• Carroll at 2015-04-17

“If you aim for something, you are turning away from it.”

• Carroll at 2015-04-17

“If you aim for nothing, you won't get it”

• Paul Wiselius at 2015-04-17

Don't play for ranking, play for fun and … for the win! ;-)

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2015-04-17

play to learn, from own mistakes, or others

• jugular at 2015-05-28

I wouldnt bother joining. I did a couple of years ago and received none of the promised benefits.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic