strange error in WTPS Game General forum

16 replies. Last post: 2015-06-05

Reply to this topic Return to forum

strange error in WTPS Game
  • terrance806 at 2015-05-27

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1705865

I am playing white in this game but somehow its says its my move but I have access to the black letters of my opponent.

• CloD at 2015-05-27

same here, it's like I could play twice with my color

• erratic at 2015-05-27

Same here. My opponent has to answer an old position where it is my turn. 7 moves before the current state of the game.

• ypercube at 2015-05-27

Yes, I (and another anonymous user) reported the issue here: https://bitbucket.org/rmalaschitz/littlegolem/issue/32/exception

It seems to be quite serious.

I suggest people move only in the games where they have only few hours/days left in their clocks, until Richard resolves this.

• Jos Dekker at 2015-05-27

Yes it was I, who has reported that Error. It is even more serious.

• Wieks at 2015-05-27

The turn issue seems to be reset to the correct state, though still moves missing.

• ypercube at 2015-05-27

Yes, my games are now in a correct state. The two games I double-moved have been corrected, too. That's good.

Based on previous experience, I don't have much hope that the lost moves (last 5? 7 days?) will be recovered.

My guess is that there was a database corruption and the database was recovered from the most recent backup.

• orvieto at 2015-05-27

Seven hours ago I won two wyps matches, this one against terrance806 and this one against Randolph King. I am not sure I was that close to winning in both matches. But I cannot access the boards, I get the same message in both cases:Exception:java.lang.NullPointerException

What does it mean?

• terrance806 at 2015-05-27

@orvieto I had resigned from our game but I notice its completely missing from the tournament table

• Tommah at 2015-05-27

As ypercube suggested, I am going to wait a while before I play any more moves.  There are still a lot of errors happening, and Richard may end up having to restore the database again.  I think he was trying to restore only the database tables that were corrupted.  (It seems that way, at least, because all my messages are still there, and everyone who signed up for the Hex tournament is still listed on the tournament page.)  But this may have left things in an inconsistent state.

• EmTom at 2015-05-28

lol Tommah if that's really the case than we are doomed to experience this mess for a while longer. I don't know what the LG db looks like and how it's built but trying to restore only a part of DB from the backup doesn't sound like something I would do in any enterprise class project. :D

• Tommah at 2015-05-28

Well, when LG was down yesterday, the error message said something like “table forummsg has crashed and should be repaired”.  I figured that Richard had run the repair command and it failed spectacularly.  (Just take a look at http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/forum/topic2.jsp?forum=1&topic=2945 !)  The problem seems to be affecting other tables, though.

You are right, of course; the best thing to do is to recreate the entire database from a recent backup.  That is, if you have one….

• Carroll at 2015-05-28

How will we know when we can start to play again?Wait for a message from Richard?Also people having played in the meantime will also lose these moves…I never understood how you can repair a moving database.

• Tommah at 2015-05-28

I'm going to wait until the home page no longer says that the last forum post was negative fourteen trillion minutes ago.

• EmTom at 2015-05-29

I just play lost moves again. My opponents seem to cooperate so far :D

• gamesorry ★ at 2015-06-05

This OSKI game is still in the wrong turn:

http://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1711154

Ragnar and I are playing moves for each other now…

Return to forum

Reply to this topic