• ypercube at 2015-11-30

Great! Thank you.

• milesd at 2015-11-30

thanks Richard. great work

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2015-11-30

[game;id:1750304]

• Carroll at 2015-11-30

Thanks Richard!

User tourney if you want to practice starts 12/1 here.

Is pass rule implemented?

Pass rule is implemented (pass is possible as second part of move). But there was another bug (ignored height of stack).

• Rex Moore at 2015-11-30

YES! Thanks, Richard!

• _syLph_ at 2015-11-30

Thanks Richard.

I'm having some problems seeing the difference between red and green pieces, I think it would be nice for all those with color blindness to change the looks of either the red or green pieces. Other than that I really like the visual design. :)

It is hard to choose proper colours. I need not only three different colours, but for small dots, they must be visible on white and black background.

• William Fraser at 2015-11-30

Purgency:  I agree.  I like games to be maximally accessible.

Richard:  Would circles, squares, and hexes work?  I'm trying to visualize the aesthetics of it, but can't.

• Kerry Handscomb at 2015-11-30

Many thanks, Richard!

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2015-12-01

William Fraser: I have similar idea: circle, octagon, hexagon.

Or add some pattern to circles.

• William Fraser at 2015-12-01

Yes, an octagon would probably look better than a square.

• z at 2015-12-01

Richard, thanks for adding a new game!Would you fix Tzaar's SGF please? Without the initial board configuration, the current SGF records are quite useless.

• Richard Moxham at 2015-12-01

Richard, your suggestion of adding pattern seems to me more promising than varying the shape.  How about one, two or three concentric circles of a contrasting colour at/near the perimeter of the piece, leaving room for your dots within?

• Rex Moore at 2015-12-01

One solution may be to leave the Totts blank (as in the physical game) and use numbers for stack height (how Dvonn is implemented on this site).

• Carroll at 2015-12-01

What I miss most is a way to know the colour of my eaten pawns. Would it be possible to display it (the colour of the eaten pawn) by moving the mouse on top of the new pawns with a pink light circle ?

• William Fraser at 2015-12-01

What I would like would be to have the number of each type of piece remaining on the board for each player.

• mmKALLL ★ at 2015-12-02

I can't agree with having a number of piece types available, but the green/red pieces are definitely too difficult to distinguish. Differing shapes would probably look good and be distinguishable on both mobile and desktop devices.

• Strange Yeah at 2015-12-02

Kris Burm has a useful video about the rules of Tzaar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NEtt_Zsl-w

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2015-12-03

I plan create for some games more color schemes. There is BW version of Tzaar. You could change it with button “color scheme” directly on game page.

• morphles at 2015-12-03

Thanks for another interesting game!

• Kerry Handscomb at 2015-12-03

At first I found the non-standard color scheme difficult to see, but now I'm used to it and I like it. One thing that I would find useful is a summary of number of pieces of each type left for each player, so that I can see at glance where we are and wouldn't need to count. This would be similar to the group sizes displayed for Catchup. Not necessary, but helpful.

• William Fraser at 2015-12-03

@Kerry Handscomb.  That is what I was trying to request, only you stated it much more clearly.  Thanks.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic