14 years apart between winning championships General forum

19 replies. Last post: 2020-04-02

Reply to this topic Return to forum

14 years apart between winning championships
  • Hjallti ★ at 2017-01-02

I am on my winning my second championship, only 14 years between my first and second win. Now that is record I set that will hardly be broken. :-)

• Hjallti ★ at 2017-01-02

or the record: rev.ch.2.1.1 ended 2003.1.30 and einstein.ch.22.1.1 will end this month :-)

• ypercube at 2017-01-02

Congrats and well done!

About the championship ending this month, I wouldn't bet on it. (Ray is playing in that last game ;)

• Ray Garrison at 2017-01-09

Congrats Hjalti  !!  May your next championship not take as long….

• Hjallti ★ at 2017-01-17

It is done… It was 13 years and 11 and a half months between the two….

• Hjallti ★ at 2017-06-11

I didn't have to wait another 14 years. I am 3 games apart from winning back to back Einstein championships. Only YHW went before. (But I win them without tie)

Winning 2 Einstein championship was only done by YHW; luiser and Rororo the Bot, and only the latter did it without tie.

I am happy!

• Hjallti ★ at 2017-07-24

If klaashaas indeed didn't win a chamionship between rev 3 and tzaar , my record is already gone…

• klaashaas at 2017-07-25

Yep, looks like I broke your record.

• Hjallti ★ at 2019-06-25

My 4th win looks to be on the way…. wyps numeric…by beating Nagy Fathy.

It didn't take another 14 years…

• KPT at 2019-06-25

Well done! hahaawesome record. congrats

• mmKALLL ★ at 2019-07-01

Fantastic and congratulations! I'm very happy for you, good job on pulling that in. :)

• Nagy Fathy at 2019-07-06

Congratulation Hjallti. you played perfectly and over played most of the participantes.

I just have a tiny question here, can we consider that rated tournament as a formal championship?

I know it is the strongest tournament in numeric WYPS, but Richard does not name it a championship.

• Hjallti ★ at 2019-08-06

It is a championship variation (cv). But wyps english is more biased by unequal knowledge than wyps numeric and is a teal championship. I think that is unfair…. I would NOT call wyps dutch a real worldwide game while I am the “best in the world”* in it.

*For clarity: highly ironic whole true…

• Christian K at 2019-09-01

I just won dots and boxes. The last (and only other) timer I won it was in 2013 so my record would be six years. I am not sure if it being withit the same game makes the record more or less impressive :p or if a large number is even impressive at all.

• ondik at 2019-11-06

6 years since my last (second) connect6 win and 13 years since the first one, which was also the very first connect6 championship. Time flies fast..

• Andrey at 2019-11-07

Congrats, ondik! Great perfomance. I remember first years of connect6 here participating with you and other fellow players. It was pretty romantic time meaning how we played and enjoyed the game. No programs, no bots, no even boards to analyze. Just our intuition of good moves and counting as fas as we can see without any tools. Today connect6 is still attractive (at least to me) because I belive (and hope) there is non who uses help of AI engines.

• ondik at 2019-11-07

Thanks Andrey! I have to admit I was lucky because bots and you were not playing. And I analysed a quite lot (still without any database or program) because I wanted to use this chance.

Yes, good memories of discovering the game :)

• euhuang at 2019-11-11

Congratulations to ondik from me too.  Quite agree with Andrey's saying those 'good old days' when fellow players played in C6 games without bot, AI.  Back in 2006~07 we started to find new ways of playing then-quite-new C6 and compete fiercely.

Still, robot programs brought in some new perspectives, like AlphaGo did to GO. Recently professor Wu from NCTU told me that he considers to make NCTU6 source program (nickname: Lomaben on LG) open to public.  Meanwhile, after beaten by gzero_bot in last C6 Championship27, he suggests the combination of NCTU6's win-loss judgment and gzero_bot's algorithm (based on AlphaZero) will be unbeatable in Connect6 games.

I still keep high interests in playing C6.  Let us keep playing and enjoying the Game.

• Hjallti ★ at 2020-04-02

I think bots should not play championships either…

Return to forum

Reply to this topic