Taking notes in games? General forum

7 replies. Last post: 2017-09-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Taking notes in games?
  • psikonauta at 2017-09-24

Hi! First of all, thanks for this site! As a beginner, I'm learning a lot about Hex by playing and reading the forums.Until I found LG I thought the only way I had to play Hex was convincing my friends once or twice a year! So, thanks!

Anyway, I wanted to know if there's a way to take notes for a game so that I can save some lines and analysis and so on. I just save them in a file in my computer but it'd be nice to have them inside the game. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see it.

• ypercube at 2017-09-24

Check the HexWiki. I think the JHex program (link for there) is for just this thing, analysing games and saving the various lines.

• psikonauta at 2017-09-25

Thanks! I was gonna say it didn't work but it seems there are two different programs named JHex and I was using the other one.

• Dvd Avins at 2017-09-28

I would welcome a JHavannah, were one to be written.

• wanderer_bot at 2017-09-28

I used to, and still occasionally use something called HGui that might be what you are looking for. The last line of the ReadMe file says: “Send comments to “ab” (plid=6603) in little golem forum.”

• Dvd Avins at 2017-09-29

He (ab is his username) is still around, at least judging by last connect shown in his profile. But the link there and in a forum thread is dead. I sent him a message.

• Dvd Avins at 2017-09-29

He (ab is his username) is still around, at least judging by last connect shown in his profile. But the link there and in a forum thread is dead. I sent him a message.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic