Sybrands General forum

7 replies. Last post: 2004-12-19

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Sybrands
  • klaashaas at 2004-12-18

At this moment, Ton Sybrands is trying to break his own world record by playing 24 games of draughts simultaneous… Without seeing the boards or taking notes!

The current world record is 22 games. Two matches are already finished (he won both). Amazing record, isn't it?

Here's a link (Dutch only, sorry, couldn't find an English link): http://www.blindsimultaandammen.nl/

• Tim Shih ★ at 2004-12-18

I cannot even play just one game of 3x3 tic-tac-toe without looking at the board. So, human beings are not born equal, are they? :)

• FC Schalke 05 at 2004-12-18

It's a question of training - as soon as You reach Elo 1800 in chess You can play a game blindfold. It's the same with any game. :)

• Ronald Lokers at 2004-12-19

The result: Ton Sybrands played 24 games blind simultaneous checkers and won 20 games and drawn the other 4!!! It's a new world-record!

• Bas at 2004-12-19

I don't agree its the same with every game.

I cant'imagine that someone can play othello blind. Maybe if you try really hard u can play a game blin, but 24 games is impossible

• Tasmanian Devil at 2004-12-19

I agree. I heard a rumour that there was a player who could do three blindfold Othello games simultaneously, but I don't know if it is true. And then there was a player who could write the correct move numbers on the transcript sheet starting at a1, then b1, etc. after a match. But these are exceptions.

• Sebastian Ilie at 2004-12-19

What do you think about a GO 19x19 blind game ? ;) - does anybody knows if happenes a thing like this ?

Return to forum

Reply to this topic