Anti kill-joy rules StreetSoccer

14 replies. Last post: 2003-08-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Anti kill-joy rules
  • FC Cwali at 2003-08-09

I see that some rules are not or not right implemented in the software.

See “Bug? Who is allowed in the 2 spaces in front of the goal” about those 2 spaces. That something seems to go wrong in a special situation.

The second anti kill-joy rule is very important in the whole game, and is not implemented. That rule is:

“Only one of your outfielders may stand inside your own penalty area.” (So in the 2 spaces in front of the 2 spaces for your goalie.)

Without that rule you can make goals for 99,999% impossible.

In the played matches I saw 1 match in which a player succesfully defended a 1-0 by 2 outfielders and his goalie in his penalty area at the end. So that isn't possible in the boardgame.

I hope everyone will now use the rule that only one of your outfielders may stand in your own penalty area at the end of your turn, although the computer-version doesn't stop you if you violense this rule.

Anti kill-joy rule 3 says that you may not have 4 players around the ball, so that the other player can never reach the ball anymore. And that you may not have 3 players around the ball in a corner-space of the field, because then the opponent can reach the ball but cannot kick the ball to any space.

Anti kill-joy rule 4 says that you may not play the ball outside the lines. That is implemented well. (So when you can diagonally reach a spaces aside the goal outside the lines, then it is a goal (bounced inside the goal post).

Let's see the version at the moment as a version with start-problems. I hope the bugs can be recovered. Let's start the big competition if all works well.

I think Richard made an impressive attempt to make an online-version of StreetSoccer. With such a thematical game bugs are not easy to avoid. It's possible to make a game with the same princip with even shorter rules, but than it is not STREETSOCCER.

Corné

• Marius Halsor at 2003-08-09

Thanks! I'm currently violating rule #3 in several games - I didn't know it was illegal, but it certainly makes sense. I'll try to move my players so I no longer violate that rule.

However, it will ofcourse be easier to follow that rule once Richard has implemented it :-)

It does seem like a very nice game, but I'll have to play it a bit more before cheering too loud ;-)

Marius

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-10

A few changes can have big complications.

In the original game the kick-off at the start works different. If you know at the start of the game that 0-0 is enough to win the tournament (which is unlikely here because you play games paralel (your team needs a big selection of soccer-players here)), then you had ca. 10% chance to get 3 figures around the ball in a cornerspace if you play pure for that purpose. But 3 around ball at cornerspace is not allowed. In this LG-version you sometimes know at the kick-off that you can achieve that situation, and the software allows you to do that.

One rule which isn't implemented yet (or wasn't, I see a few changes already) is that at least one of your 3 choosen startplaces must be on your opponent's side, and at least one on your own side.

Groeten from Maastricht,

Corné

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2003-08-10

Thanks for the rules! Please have a look at this beginning:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=69025&nmove=2

I guess this is also not aloud according to the original rules? Three players outside the line, or?

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-11

Players surprise me everytime here.

Didn't think of this and I looked in the rulebook:

“Place at least one other outfielder in your own half and at least one in your opponent's half.”

I think the spaces in the halves are only inside the lines, so one player outside the line at the start would be allowed. :-) To rush fresh in to the field later in the game …

I see you took the lead in that match and now your opponent has already 2 outfielders within the lines.

• Scot at 2003-08-13

It's my turn in game 69160 move 46 and I can't use all of my move of four to go out of bound and near to the ball. The game prevents me from turning left out of bounds so that i would be near the goalpost. If this situation isn't a killjoy situation then I don't know what is!

• dj at 2003-08-13

It seems it is NOT a kill Joy situation. You just have to go WAY FAR outside and travel many spaces outside the playing field. Then the one 45' angle on kicking the ball. However, it may be better to manuever some of your other men into better defensive positions.

• Scot at 2003-08-13

Like I said the first time, the game prevents me from turning left out of bounds. There is no way to get to the ball.

• FC Cwali at 2003-08-13

Yes, that is against the rules. See the StreetSoccer-rules which Richard wrote on this side:

“You may not be around the ball so that the opponent can not reach the ball anymore. This rule is not implemented.”

The last thing means that you can violence that rule, because the software doesn't stop you. That doesn't mean that you should try to violence that rule. :-)

Another rule is that you can't have 2 outfielders in your own penalty area. That is implemented in the software, when I try that. But Nostradamus succeeded in doing that at the start of a game. You 'can't' play the game in that way.

And another rule is that you must place at least one outfielder on your own and at least one outfielder on your opponent's half at the start. That's not implemented in the software too.

• Ken at 2003-08-18

i am playing a game with Juliuz Cezar where he is violating anti-killjoy rule 3. what should i do? can he take back his move?

• Juliusz Cezar at 2003-08-18

yeah in teory you have right but:

1. I don't know nothing about that rule, because i don't see that before.

2. If game system allow me to place my player like that so this is permitted.

3. btw i like fair game so i unblocked ball when will be my turn!!!!!! so don't be silly and don't write to me messages if ball is still blocked when is your turn of game.

pozdro

• Thomas at 2003-08-29

The rules allow to move a figure to a goal-space (one of the two spaces in front of the goal)

if the ball is there to be kicked. But if you do this, you are not forced to play that figure away again.

You can put your keeper on the other goal-space (afaik) and the opponent can't score goals any more.

• agoui (limited edition) at 2003-08-29

Well according to my little experience the player that kicks the ball on the goal line is moved automatically one square away from the goal line (attackers and defenders). Did you have a game where what you described happened?

• Thomas at 2003-08-29

You are right, agoui, sorry. I made a move to a goal-space to kick the ball, but didn't look at the game afterwards, now I see that my figure is moved forward one field.

The rules don't say that this happens, and I didn't think about this possibility.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic