Suggest Debug/Refine till 9-30-2003 StreetSoccer

6 replies. Last post: 2003-08-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Suggest Debug/Refine till 9-30-2003
  • dj at 2003-08-26

I am liking Street Soccer alot! More than I thought I would.

I suggest that until the end of next month ratings mean nothing.

Most of the refinements, and bugs should be shaken out soon.

On Oct 1, 2003 all ratings should be reset. And 2 weeks later a championship should begin.

This would make for a very very exciting few weeks for Street Soccer;

1) Players would be jostling for seeding in the 1st league.

2) Players would be playing a lot of games to get better ratings.

• Tore S at 2003-08-27

Why should ratings be reset? The game is mainly the same all the time, the improvements has only mad it even more playable.

Announcing the start of the tournamwnt will only lead to some players will stop playing in the games where they are behind.

And what about those who take there vacation in the period you suggest?

• www.squidi.net at 2003-08-27

I agree with Tore. The only changes made the game easier to play. they didn't change any of the rules.

• dj at 2003-08-28

The game is easier to play, granted. In fact it is fun.

As for changing the rules of the game. WHAT RULES!!!!

Unless you are one of the few who have the board game, we have all had to gleen the rules from what we have seen happen.

By the end of September, an actual set of rules to the game, and specifically how it is played here should be in place. Perhaps even tactical suggestions.

Since this is a game of chance, as much as one of skill, we should all know just what rules govern the chance part.

In essence, we are all beta testers for this game.

In several cases I have a made move just to try to figure out what would happen, or what could happen. Granted this is the same thing any newbie might do in any game he learns. But in most games the newbie has the option of reading the rules.

The fact that you may have positive ratings in the game is irrelavent. We will all be assimilated. It just should start on the most even footing we can provide.

I might compromise this way; ratings till the 1st tourney would only be used for the seeding process. But on the day the tourney starts, all ratings for all players should then be reset.

Dont be impatient. If you are good, it will surface again. If you are generally lucky, it should prevail. If you are good AND lucky, count your blessings.

As it sits now, any newbie would be playing a secret game he has no clue about. 3 card Monty anyone?

• Rolle at 2003-08-29

well, if you go to the game-page and click the streetsoccer-page you will see a link that says: rules

click on that link and there are the rules…..

QED

• dj at 2003-08-29

There were no rules for my first 5-10 games or so.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic