Possible soccer bug? StreetSoccer

13 replies. Last post: 2012-03-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Possible soccer bug?
  • Brian at 2012-03-12

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1426096

I can't seem to get the ball out of the corner!

• Hjallti ★ at 2012-03-12

[game;id:1426096;move:45]

• Hjallti ★ at 2012-03-12

That is no bug. you can reach the ball with an infield player so it is allowed.

Move that player to the square underneath (above in your view, I guess) the ball and automatically yellow is forced to move one of the 3 blocking players.

• Brian at 2012-03-13

I don't think yellow is forced to move any of his blockers as he can just keep moving the player that's in my half of the field.

I think it's a bug because there is no way for me to move the ball into anything other than the space occupied by my player nearest the goal, and back again.

• Figilano at 2012-03-13

According to the rules, yellow is not allowed to block the ball in a way that red can reach it only by leaving the field (crossing the white border). If you move your player outside of the “box” of yellow players, yellow is not allowed to move the player in your half of the field, but MUST “open the box” - it's in the rules, mind you.

• Brian at 2012-03-13

Many thanks for that Figilano (and Hjallta beforehand). I shall try it out!

• Sconibulus at 2012-03-13

What would happen if one of the two red players outside the box stepped onto the ball, or is that an illegal move since there would be no valid place to put the ball?

Also, if red leaves the box, and yellow rolls a one, what would happen? It would seem as if yellow would have no legal moves.

• JeanHebert at 2012-03-13

1- A red player outside the box couldn't move to the ball since it has no legal place to put the ball.

2- If yellow rolled a 1, the only valid move he would have would be to move his rightmost player out of bounds to the right.

• maraca at 2012-03-13

1 - yes right, it would be illegal.

2 - he has also the option to kick the ball outside of the box, moving the player to the right down a step (6 valid ball kicks).

• JeanHebert at 2012-03-13

Right. I forgot the ball existed.

• ypercube at 2012-03-14

@Jean: You forgot or you do not believe? Besides atheists, do we now have aballists?

• Marius Halsor at 2012-03-14

Of course there is no ball! There is no proof that the ball exists. Anyone who believe that it does, are brainwashed or crazy. They need the ball as a “crutch”, something to justify their playing soccer.

Sure, the play progresses as if there WAS indeed a ball, and it is obvioulsy impossible to PROVE that the ball does NOT exist, but there is definitely no proof that it DOES exist either. The “ball” some people “see” on their screen is some sort of hallusination, or perhaps caused by errors in their graphics card, screen or software, thus displaying a ball that does in fact not exist. The entire game can be perfectly well described by simple non-ball models.

• MRFvR at 2012-03-14

@ypercube - I just can't stop laughing!

Return to forum

Reply to this topic