breakthrough (7x7) Breakthrough

13 replies. Last post: 2014-03-20

Reply to this topic Return to forum

breakthrough (7x7)
  • ahhmet at 2014-03-19

“heLLo,
    How long after the (7x7) version of breakthrough is played on this site?
    good work, good day.”

I sent the above message to the webmaster. friends who want to support me in this regard I would like to write to the webmaster.

• Carroll at 2014-03-19

Hi Basat, could you explain what you want more clearly?

Is it:

“I would like to have Breakthrough 7x7 implemented on LittleGolem” ?

• ahhmet at 2014-03-19

@CarroLL:
    7x7 board size on this site, which would demand that breakthrough version.

• Carroll at 2014-03-19

Did you try google translator (your answer does not make sense, I would prefer a simple yes/no)?

“Burada Breakthrough 7x7 almak ister misiniz?”

Does that make sense?

• Carroll at 2014-03-19

Or maybe (from French)::

“Burada 7x7 Breakthrough olmas1n1 istiyor musunuz?”

• ahhmet at 2014-03-19

@ Carroll:
    LittleGolem'de breakthrough 8x8 versiyonu var.
    ben, 7x7 ebatinda (yani daha kucuk bir tahtada) olan versiyonunun da LittleGolem'de oynanabilir olmasini istiyorum.
    bu konuda webmaster'e yazdim ve diger breakthrough oyuncularinin da yazmasini ve bana destek olmasini istiyorum.
    bir cok kisi webmaster'e bu konuda yazarsa daha etkili olacaktir. iyi oyunLar.

• Kerry Handscomb at 2014-03-19

Cxu komuniki en esperanto?

• wanderer_bot at 2014-03-19

Well done, Kerry! My lol for the day!

• Carroll at 2014-03-20

;)
    So Basat explained that he would like to start an action for having 7x7 here and that Breaktrough players supporting this idea express their thoughts too.

It is not so clear to me what a smaller version would add, as bots would be ever more effective, and usually people tend to ask for bigger variants to try to defeat through combinatorial explosion… Are there some tactical or strategical combinations that would be validated on smaller boards, or is it to settle if it is a 1st player winning game?

• wanderer_bot at 2014-03-20

@Carroll: If I may venture a guess, I think he just likes the game and would prefer being able to play a version where the game gets interesting more quickly. It takes quite a few moves in 8x8 before the fun begins.

FWIW, and in large part because of the reasons you state (not to mention that there are only so many hours in a day to work on this thing), I wouldn't bother trying to get Wanderer to work on 7x7. I'm much more interested to see if we can get Wanderer to play at “the next level” in 8x8. I think there is little doubt that both Stop Sign and edbonnet are better than Wanderer. Probably some of the other players are better, too, but we haven't played enough games against them to see it.

• ahhmet at 2014-03-20

I think (8x8) is great for breakthrough game, the game takes more time input.

• Stop_Sign at 2014-03-20

@Carroll. “or is it to settle if it is a 1st player winning game?”

In a general case Breakthrough is not a 1st player win. In the case of smaller boards (5x5 or something like this) it had been shown that is can be a 2nd player win.

At 8x8 Breakthrough I wouldn't bet on it. Even though, it seems that white keeps some first player initiative.

@basat It would be interesting to see Breakthrough on an 7x7 board.

@wanderer Playing against wanderer is always hard work! At this moment I do not know who is the best player (the current rating is not important). Edbonnet is playing extremely well…

• ahhmet at 2014-03-20

My personal opinion and analysis moves.
    ---———————————————-

stop sign…: hard and effectively.
    edbonnet….: patient and accurate.
    wanderer_c..: with the rules.

---———————————————-
    I'm liking the most Stop Sign games.
    ;)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic