Idea of new variant Einstein forum

7 replies. Last post: 2018-05-09

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Idea of new variant
  • Force majeure at 2018-05-06

I have been recenty wondering, whether new variant of the game would be playable – actually it would be basically the same, however person winning the game would score number of points equal to the pawns that made it to the finish. It could be played to finite number of points.  In this variant pawns would have different value, which in my opinion would enhance dynamic of the game and increase its complexity by a large margin. In many cases it would be profitable lets say not to move a low value piece to a finish a game, but wait and hope (calculate) to finish with the more valuable piece, running the risk of losing the game. What do you think?

• jytou ★ at 2018-05-07

It’s funny, the first time I played this game I believed every tile had a point value for games like “50 points game”. :P Then I realized I was wrong. But that could definitely be an interesting variant.

Another interesting and crazy variant I thought about could be to add a “drop rule”. You could drop captured enemy pieces on the 3 bottom left positions for instance. And if it is a tile you already have, then you could play both when the die gives that number. Could make the game even more suspenseful (but probably greatly increase the length of games).

• William Fraser ★ at 2018-05-08

And I’ve been thinking of a version where the die rolls are known in advance — kind of like golem word game.

• Force majeure at 2018-05-08

William, do You mean every move or e.g. one in advance?

• William Fraser ★ at 2018-05-08

The whole game.

• jytou ★ at 2018-05-09

As a side thought, that would make it easily “cracked” by computers. With probably less than a billion possibilities on average. The variant with “only one in advance” could be interesting, though, and could develop a brand new range of tactics.

• Diamante at 2018-05-09

I prefer variant the 4 player :)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]