please add visible grid coordinates on 19x19 go boards! Go forum

9 replies. Last post: 2017-10-06

Reply to this topic Return to forum

please add visible grid coordinates on 19x19 go boards!
  • Sighris at 2017-03-15

I think this should be easy to do!  (They are on the 11x11 Toroidal Go games already) Please vote for it here:

https://bitbucket.org/rmalaschitz/littlegolem/issues/62/please-add-visible-coordinates-on-19x19-go

Thanks!

• klaashaas at 2017-09-13

The chrome extension BiggerGolem adds coordinates to the go boards now.

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/forum/topic2.jsp?forum=40&topic=118

• Crelo at 2017-09-13

I installed BiggerGolem and I do not see any coordinates. Moreover, I do not find the settings either, where I could select the Hex board or the Amazons colors.

• Crelo at 2017-09-13

OK, I found the settings of BiggerGolem. Where are the LittleGolem settings? :)

• Malcolm Schonfield at 2017-09-13

Personally, I would prefer not having coordinates for playing normal Go. But they are useful for t-Go.

• Sighris at 2017-10-04

coordinates to the go boards?!?! - Awesome!!! Thanks klaashaas ★ and Adrian Petrescu, I will check it out soon-ish.

• Sighris at 2017-10-04

…for others who are interested, see the LG forum discussion shared by klaashaas ★ on2017-09-13 (above).

Malcolm Schonfield, coordinates make it easier to discuss the game, why would you prefer not having coordinates for playing normal Go?

• mmKALLL ★ at 2017-10-05

I would guess the reason is aesthetics-related. It's not like regular boards typically have coordinates either. In fact, I also prefer to play with them off (Toroidal excluded).

Usually the time I need coordinates is afterwards when reviewing, or if someone asks a question I'll just quickly open Eidogo in a new tab or something. :)

• Malcolm Schonfield at 2017-10-06

Thanks mmK, that's exactly it. In my experience, coordinates don't usually help players during the game. Also there are some arbitrary choices made with coordinates. Less is more…

Speaking of coordinates, here's a plug for an interesting coordinate system - particularly recommended for the visually impaired: Audouard coordinates

Site admins provide a free service and have limited resources; I don't think adding coordinates is needed.

Here's a feature request I made, I think it's more deserving…

issues/66/add-data-to-sgf-provided-for-go-games

Return to forum

Reply to this topic