CHILDREN Game of Empathy

5 replies. Last post: 2006-02-23

Reply to this topic Return to forum

CHILDREN
  • Ed Collins at 2006-02-23

Jeez, you would THINK that sons, daughters, girls, and boys would score more than son, daughter, girl, and boy, since the word was CHILDREN… not child! Children is plural.

Sons, daughters, girls, and boys collectively scored just 23 points. Not pluralizing those four words scored 90!

I keep forgetting that I might be playing again people who aren't very bright and don't think logically. From now on I'm going to try to be a little less intelligent when I pick my answers.

:)

• ypercube at 2006-02-23

Yes, but kids, toys, parents and games got more than kid, toy, parent and game.

Some results today were surprise for many!

• Paavo Pirinen at 2006-02-23

yeh. I went with 'toy' bacause I thought people would be too cautious to use plurals (new rule and all). I guess I forgot I might be playing against intelligent and logical people.

More dissapointing (from logical perspective) was that in 'Most known city?' got so low points for cities like Jerusalem, Mecca and Bethlehem. I'd say they are better known than - say - Miami. While I hoped people would interpret question as 'What ten cities might be (from one perspective or another) claimed to be candidates to be the most well known city of the world?' interpretation was more like 'What are the ten most well known modern cities within american or european culture?'.

Result was dissapointing for me, but people getting high points were intelligent enough to guess it, so they were more good tacticians than stupid. I guess choosing the easy way when there is creative or intelligent way is wery true challenge we should bravely encounter.

yeh. I went with 'toy' bacause I thought people would be too cautious to use plurals (new rule and all). I guess I forgot I might be playing against intelligent and logical people.

More dissapointing (from logical perspective) was that in 'Most known city?' got so low points for cities like Jerusalem, Mecca and Bethlehem. I'd say they are better known than - say - Miami. While I hoped people would interpret question as 'What ten cities might be (from one perspective or another) claimed to be candidates to be the most well known city of the world?' interpretation was more like 'What are the ten most well known modern cities within american or european culture?'.

Result was dissapointing for me, but people getting high points were intelligent enough to guess it, so they were more good tacticians than stupid. I guess choosing the easy way when there is creative or intelligent way is wery true challenge we should bravely encounter.

sorry. I don't know how to edit that away.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic