GoE congratulation thread.. Game of Empathy

154 replies. Last post: 2011-05-05

Reply to this topic Return to forum

GoE congratulation thread..
  • david_artois at 2007-02-16

Hello everyone.

I just thought it would be nice to have a thread on this forum dedicated exclusively to congratulating GoE players who finish first or do well in either the actual game itself or the previous seven top ten.

To clarify my point, congratulations to klaashaas, who won the 'cats' game.

Also, congratulations to Dustin. When it comes to the last seven games, you are king!

Oops! I have to apologise to Matthias. You finished joint first with klaashaas. Well done!

Actually, I apologise to both Matthias and klaashaas. Sorry guys.

• klaashaas at 2007-02-16

Thanks, David. I guess it helps to be the servant of two cats in daily life :-)

• MichaeI X at 2007-02-16

Good Idea!

Looking through the Empathy archive, I want to congratulate the winner of the

- biggest empathy game (Music, 117 participants) : anwi

- most diversified game (Most unknown country, max 159/90 players): Trevor Green

I'm just not happy simply adding up big numbers without taking into account the type of game.

Other metrics (e.g. how close to the theoretical maximum = sum of the top ten entries ) to measure empathy skills ;) are just harder to compute.

• MichaeI X at 2007-02-16

Not meant to reduce the merits of klaashaas and Matthias. 280/318 is a very good result, especially in such a nicely spread game.

Congratulations!

My idea was just to add some long term “hall of fame” here.

• david_artois at 2007-02-17

klaashaas wrote:

“Thanks, David. I guess it helps to be the servant of two cats in daily life :-)”

Heh. I've only got the one cat, which is maybe why I didn't do so well.

• Paavo Pirinen at 2007-02-19

Congratulations to all who play better than I do at the moment. It's been some time since I could quite regulary climb to the top of seven day list (those great days of rivalry between me and Ed… ah what days those were). I've been a bit lazy and battle worn, but those are just excuses. The standards have risen and it seems I can't match them the way I did before. Cool.

• KPT at 2007-02-19

the population of game is changed!:o

this game its great

because is going Evolving in the time

• david_artois at 2007-02-19

Congrats (once again) to Dustin who has managed to do 'the double'!. A rare feat indeed!

As for my form? Don't ask!

• MichaeI X at 2007-02-23

maps

- one of the games I like very much but perform miserably myself:

An easy expression, with rather lear, but wide spread associations.

88 participants, but 103 entries with 2 or more points, plus about 100 1 point entries. Top ten entries sum up to 290 only, and the winners are

1. sean_henderson 244

2. klaashaas 238

3. Dustin 230

sean_henderson's second victory !

Congratulations to all the top performers.

• david_artois at 2007-02-25

Congratulations to our very own kpato! Well done mate!

And Dustin is still top of the last seven. Nice work.

• KPT at 2007-02-25

thankz :D! this is my 3st victory :)

dustin is the new ed or Paavo!

• Bill Collins at 2007-02-26

Hey, Dustin is good, one of the all time best, so is David, but an Ed or Paavo? Still has to show me more. Ed isn't playing now so who know's what the scores could be.

• KPT at 2007-02-26

but his curriculum its very interesting

david it is a good player

but to me..ed and paavo are betters (just my opinion)

• KPT at 2007-02-26

the curriculum of ed i mean

• Dustin at 2007-02-28

I've been dethroned!! Well done Art and Robin.

I'm nowhere close to Ed. How long did he stay at no. 1? A couple months? And that was back when the games were faster!

• Bill Collins at 2007-03-01

Art and Robin are all-stars here also. But we can't overlook the return of the Great Pawel! He was the first great Empathy player, but in it's heyday!! He is slowly and quitely making a comeback.

• KPT at 2007-03-01

yes i agree

pawel the first allstar of the times

• david_artois at 2007-03-01

I'm flippin' rubbish now. :-(

However fellow GoE players, I make the following vow to you all; I WILL regain my number one spot on the last seven list or my name isn't David Artois! Haa hahahahaaa!!!..

Oh wait, my real name isn't David Artois.. I'm screwed then.

• Bill Collins at 2007-03-02

Another great of late…. Thierry!! Congrats!

• KPT at 2007-03-03

congrats fatphil

the top ten of the week

its going on interesting.

pawel up to the 3th place

• FatPhil at 2007-03-04

Many thanks. If I could type correctly, I'd have had 7 points more (8 rather than 1). Doh!

• Art Duval at 2007-03-04

And Paavo is back on top!

• Bill Collins at 2007-03-08

Congrats to Mongoose!!! First ever win!!

• david_artois at 2007-03-10

Well done sean henderson and Robin for your joint winnedness (I know it's not a word, but hey, it sounds cool!)

And congratulations to mongoose who follows up his (or her?) win on the last game with a strong 5th place in this game to put her (or him?) top of the last seven games list..

Phew - that was a mouthful!

Well done to all!

• KPT at 2007-03-12

i want to congrats for anticipation

to the winner of the actual expression :)

• KPT at 2007-03-19

congrats to my sister.

• Bill Collins at 2007-03-30

GREAT WORK RICK!!!!!!

• Rick Landis at 2007-04-04

Thanks Bill!

It's been a long time!

Then in the next game I managed to think of 2 one point words!! Also, missed two of the last 7 games. I tend to think I have more time then there actually is in this format.

Regardless, thanks for the “props”!

• Robert Irvin at 2007-04-13

I've not been playing this game long, but I would guess this has to be the first ever 14 way tie. Congratulations to all of you!

I've not been playing this game long, but I would guess this has to be the first ever 14 way tie. Congratulations to all of you!

whoops, sorry about that

• Ed Collins at 2007-04-13

When the expression was ROMAN NUMBERS, back in February, 20 players tied for 1st place.

In April of last year, 16 players tied for 1st place when COLORS was the expression.

Unlike this past game, both of those expressions were first-time expressions.

• Bill Collins at 2007-04-22

CONGRATS TO UNSUSTO!! Not only did he get 1st 3 times in a row, but 6 of the last 12 games!! UNREAL!!!

• KPT at 2007-04-22

:\| a REAL MONSTER OF GOE!

• KPT at 2007-04-22

definitly he is on the HALL OF FAME

of goe.

• david_artois at 2007-04-24

It's good to see the thread I started is still going strong despite my unexplained disappearance.

Thanks to all those who posted messages of congratulations while I was away. I just think it's important that we recognise and praise an individual when they do well. It's just the polite thing to do.

PS. UNsusto seems UNstoppable! Maybe I should just go away again!?

• david_artois at 2007-04-24

;-)

• Ed Collins at 2007-04-24

Breaking the accomplishment he set (meaning, winning FOUR games in a row) may never happen.

Congrats Unsusto. Very well done.

• Pinobambu at 2007-04-24

thanks and good luck for the next game!

• KPT at 2007-05-13

okey

just do it paavo

entry in HALL OF FAME

with the “3 in row”

• Paavo Pirinen at 2007-05-13

hehh. We'll see.

Congtatzee to mongoose for still being on the top of the seven round list. Winning a round or two is usually just lucky, getting good results continously demands skill.

• KPT at 2007-05-14

u did it paavo

CONGRATS

3in row

• Paavo Pirinen at 2007-05-14

So it seems. The third one was rather divided though.

• Ed Collins at 2007-05-14

Yep, congrats to Paavo who has now tied unsusto's recent record of winning three consecutive games.

Note that both Paavo and unsusto were co-winners in one of their three victories. In addition to trying to best it by winning four games in a row, another goal now might be for a player to win three consecutive games all by themselves.

• Karen_R at 2007-05-17

DID ANYONE SEE MY SCORE FOR THAT NEW GAME Game of Empathy the (N) country i went from 12 frm 1 last weather game toover 900

the salty food isnt in yet it may put me to the top oof list HI ED COLLINS HI H HI :o)

i love this game one more thing is the golem word game fixed? i play as kinkytangle at iwin over 60 thusand games iplay in 30 sec rooms and 6 letter imgood i beat reds mostly even the cheats WHICH I AM NOT ONE OF OR ID NEVER BE GREEN wel i was born on st paddys day so maybe green suits me OH ARG I HATE GREEN but i cant win one here lookslike aug the rules change then WATCHOUT BUT MI SO GOOD AT GUESSING THESE THINGS IN THE (E) GAME LOL its fun im awaitign the answers to salty foods happy gaming all and gl Karen_R

• Karen_R at 2007-05-17

hey i had after the n countrys over 900 now i have 700 soemthing from salty foods can you lose points? Karen_R

• Karen_R at 2007-05-17

oh im kinkytangle at 1wins tangleword its like boggle you rotate the board i find it odd that i dotn score way better than i am at golems word game is thrye a trick?thrye must be i know too many words to get low scores like imgettign and i used to win wheni played here before but it still soemthign isnt right any hints? Karen_R and i did get over 900 in the (E) game for (N) countrys and now 700 after the salty foods seems my score went down you cnq lose points answer here or message me (ED) message Karen_R ty

• Karen_R at 2007-05-17

King Dustin that sounds Good Queen Karen and where was i for the cats game i have a black burmese itty bitty kitty pie itty for short p kitty kitty kinda like p diddy p kitty i say your a pussy your a pussy he gets upon 2 feet and boxes with me and never lets his claws out either we box good hs a nice cat was wild mom left him mfor dead at my girlfriends farm we foudn out hes a full blooded BURMESE i knew that just looking at him but hes so good

Queen Karen that has a nice ring to it too congrats Dustin(LIKE ELVIS THE KING)YOU DID IT YOUR WAY

• KPT at 2007-06-12

the present score is

Mongoose 2466

Kpato 2298

Roy D 2271

if we take out the 7th game (wedding…)

the score is this:

Mon-2044

Kpt-1922(m-122)

Roy-1893(m-151)(k-29)

---——————

the things are really difficult for me

i need 122 points of difference between my score and the score of moongose to beat em.

gl.

• mongoose at 2007-06-16

I don't think I have ever seen someone reach the 7 games top 10 having played only 6 games. Way to go FatPhil!

• KPT at 2007-06-17

mon 1832

kpt 1741

roy 1637

- “lord of the rings

(2th)mon 450

(3th)roy 446

(4th)kpt 444

1297(m85)

1191(m198)(k106)

gl

• KPT at 2007-06-25

incredible

4.mongoose 6games played

6.Fatphil 6games played

9.Svraka 6games played.

never seen.

congrats for me (H)

• ypercube at 2007-06-27

BIG Congratulataions to kpato!

He managed to be first in the Last Game, first in the Top of last seven games and first in the Used Words!

This may never happen again…

• Ed Collins at 2007-06-27

kpato has slowly become one hell of an Empathy player. Good work kpato.

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2007-06-27

Yes, incredible!!! Three first places at the same time!! (4 with the country top place). Just incredible! Well done kpato and big congratulations to you!!!

• FatPhil at 2007-06-27

Absolutely agreed.

• MichaeI X at 2007-06-27

kpato is not only GoE champ, he's simply THE LITTLEGOLEM PLAYER.

Can be seen easily:

Everybody participating seriously ( getting more than 12 points = 44 GoE players), had him on the GoE list.

• KPT at 2007-06-27

thankz to everybody :)

the stadistic site of mongoose is really useful!

maybe is a good idea to put the

“number of 1st places”

just and idea :)

• mongoose at 2007-06-27

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by “number of 1st places”.

But, “Individual Wins” has existed since “glass” when Paavo Pirinen achieved his 16th.

You can see it on the menu on the left side.

http://www.tavislee.com/goe/playerwins.php

• KPT at 2007-06-27

yes but i mean

the “number of times on the 1st places of the week”

• FatPhil at 2007-06-27

Oh, mongoose - thanks for the props earlier, when I only had 6 games, I've only just seen your comment. I was a bit surprised, but it's explainable by there being several low scoring games, that made my few big scores more important.

• Thierry Wasserman at 2007-06-27

kpato -

probably a typo, but I really like the idea of stadistics (as sadistic and statistics).

• KPT at 2007-07-20

thierry is join to UNSUSTO and PAAVO

“3 wins in row”

congrats thierry

u have almost a perfect campaing :\|

8 8 8 1 5 1 1

• Kako at 2007-07-20

kpato:

preocupate de jugar bien antes de alabar a los demás

HIJO… tomate tu biberon

Novato

• mongoose at 2007-08-01

Without Thierry Wasserman on the Top 10 for “Books of the Bible” the list got really skinny. Great run by Thierry over the past 6 weeks. He now holds the 2nd longest streak by finishing in the top-10 during 8 consecutive games!

Also congrats to Art Duval who captured the 7-game title by placing in the top-10 for 6 straight games, trying to tie, and then hopefully surpass, his record of 7 in a row. Well done!

• mongoose at 2007-08-01

Correction: Thierry Wasserman finished in the top-10 for a mind boggling 9 consecutive games!!

• Thierry Wasserman at 2007-08-01

Woohoo! Thanks :)

Well I'm off to my vacation in Portugal/Spain. See you soon.

• FatPhil at 2007-08-02

Thierry has a well-deserved top place on the golf scorecard, I notice. However, in 3 games time, he will lose 2 horrible scores, and his position will look very dominant. Congrats Thierry - make sure you pop into an internet cafe when away, you don't want to miss a game!

• Art Duval at 2007-08-03

Thanks, mongoose! I'm on vacation, stealing internet access when I can, which makes it more challenging to keep up.

It is ironic that my 2 recent 1st places have been in “wine” and “books of the bible”, and I am an atheist teetotaler.

• KPT at 2007-08-11

individual wins

paavo 16

ed 13

pawel 13

mongo 12

7Game titles

ed 31

paavo 29

mongo 28

seems mongoose is going up!

watch out paavo and ed.

---—

i want to say thank to mongoose for his great site of stadistic of GoE

i have a question for u guys

with a lot kind of rankings

how can do a real Country ranking?

what do u think about the potences?

• Art Duval at 2007-08-11

Mongoose has indeed quickly built up a great track record. I am especially envious of the approximately 70% rate of finishing in the top 10, which is way, way ahead of anybody else who has played more than a handful of games.

The 18 straight 7-game titles is even more impressive. I'm not envious of that one, because I do not imagine any chance of ever approaching it myself :-)

And thanks for setting up the site that lets us see all these statistics

(http://www.tavislee.com/goe/last7games.php).

• Art Duval at 2007-08-30

Congrats to Svraka for climbing to the top, and staying there (now 3 games in a row)!

• Bill Collins at 2007-08-30

Yep, looking at all the stats. Mongo is up there with Ed and Paavo!!!!

• KPT at 2007-09-15

congrats lauro

3inrow monster play!

• Bill Collins at 2007-09-22

Congrats Europe! No US. in the top ten this game! Brazil still got the Americas represented tho!!!

• MichaeI X at 2007-09-22

I put afghanistan, iraq (and iran) so high just because of the many US participants, feeling so dedicated to those countries.

• ypercube at 2007-09-22

Ha, my best congrats then! Because you managed to avoid Israel which would have cost you the 1st place!

• Ricardo (Santos) at 2007-09-23

My big mistake was choosing Malaysia and not Vietnam…

• MichaeI X at 2007-11-15

Congrats USA : Bowling Empathy is clearly yours!

And congrats to Thierry and FatPhil for breaking the impressive US hegemony a little bit.

And let's keep this thread on top

• FatPhil at 2007-11-15

I got most of the yanky associations, but my weak point was “green” (5). I swapped out “ten pin” at the last minute, as I didn't know whether “tenpin” or “10 pin” or “ten pin” would be the 'correct' rendering. I found it hard to decide between a bowls reference, or a cricket reference in its place.

I'd not have called the hegemony “impressive”; I'd have called it “predictable”!

• MichaeI X at 2007-11-15

Sure the hegemony was predictable (more or less), but it was way more than I predicted, so I was impressed ;)

I was not aware that shoes are so important, and that the “Columbine” connotation to “Bowling” only got 2 points.

BTW:“ten pins”, “ten pin”, “ten-pin” and “tenpin” is the same,

but “10 pin” were something different.

• KPT at 2007-11-15

good game.

it was hard…

but OLD SCHOOL

Congrats to the community

• FatPhil at 2007-11-15

Oh - so I've been deliberately shying away from ambiguously-representable obvious answers for the last few months without realising that all the ambiguities would be collapsed?!?!?!

Wahhhhh! (OK, I knew about the plurals, but not about hyphens and concatenation.)

• KPT at 2007-11-16

Congrats to Moongose

now he is the indiscutible leader.

Moongose 36 Titles

Ed Collins 31

Paavo Pirinen 29

---————-

effectivity frecuency

Moongose 70.7% impresive!

Paavo 43.6%

Ed 41.1%

• KPT at 2007-11-20

okey , Congrats to Michael X

he is on the select group of 2inarow games.

go for the third.

• FatPhil at 2007-11-20

Extra congrats to Michael X for his huge margin of victory. Really hit the sweet spot.

• MichaeI X at 2007-11-21

Thanks ;)

I was very lucky to do a late change into the right direction:

(Replaced the verb “eat” by the duplicate “fridge” + “refrigerator”)

• FatPhil at 2007-11-29

Mongoose. My goodness, your golf scorecard will be astounding next week!

• Bill Collins at 2007-11-30

Mongoose is nothing but amazing!!!! Good work!

• KPT at 2007-12-05

good work MX

your first title.

• FatPhil at 2007-12-14

The mighty mongoose draws alongside precise picker Paavo:

http://www.tavislee.com/goe/playerwins.php

What hope do we mere mortals have? I'm relishing my golf position currently, sharing the podium with those two!

• MichaeI X at 2007-12-15

Congratulations to the Chilean team : 2nd position with 19 scores only instead of 21

!!!

• KPT at 2007-12-16

wow!

really? im going to check

my personal playing is going down.

• KPT at 2007-12-23

MONGster!!

• FatPhil at 2008-01-11

Hoorah for Finland! (in the top 3 by country table) Thanks for slotting in a 7th game Jaakko - we couldn't really compete when we had only 15 games out of the 21 scoring.

• Paavo Pirinen at 2008-01-11

Whee! Go us. Finland has a very tough trio here. Big public thank you for my brother (if you ever read this forum) for his return.

And for mongoose: You might be the best player around here now, but every dog has it's day and I have more time for GoE now than I've had last months … watch out.

• KPT at 2008-01-12

WORLD GROUP

1-FIN-21-5154 Paavo

2-USA-21-4946 Moongose

3-POL-21-4822 passenger

4-CHI-19-3830 kpato

5-NET-17-3618 Jos

---———-

6-UK

7-CAN

8-GER

9-SPA

10-ROM

• slaapgraag at 2008-01-15

too bad mongoose dindn't win 'animals that dwell under the ground'….

• FatPhil at 2008-01-15

I thought more people would, like me, chose mongoose as one of their words, purely because of our famous eponymous player. I guess 6 is better than none.

• MichaeI X at 2008-01-15

I learned the meaning of “mongoose” in this GoE round only, and was rather tempted to select it.

(sorry mongoose, I never cared to search for a meaning of your name ;)

I was sure “hamster” (3) were more popular, so if, I'd rather replaced “gopher” (11) by “mongoose” (6)

Also luckily, I did not choose “aardvark” (2) neither.

BTW ( and to keep this thread on topic) : congrats to anwi

• MichaeI X at 2008-01-20

Congratulations to glasse: you performed with a clear margin to the others.

(ignoring the 14 copiers)

• FatPhil at 2008-01-20

But let's not forget how brilliant we 14 copiers were! We rock! We're so clever and have such incredible empathy! Woo Woo! Go us!

• ypercube at 2008-01-20

Perhaps glasse was copying too but miscopied note to nope …

• FatPhil at 2008-02-06

ooooh congratulations to all 20 of us. We truly are all brilliant at this game.

• KPT at 2008-02-12

Congrats to Finland Team.

You are on the TOP of the world.

PD: what happen with the 2007 GoE awards?

• Paavo Pirinen at 2008-02-13

Yay! We rock. Nice to see my friends around. It has been some time since there were any but my brother.

• FatPhil at 2008-02-13

Thanks, kpato - we do seem to be having a bit of a run of luck currently.

(And Paavo - hit Koulu (or maybe Apteeki), they're brewing Porter again, yay!)

• MarleysGhost at 2008-02-25

Congratulations to RoRoRo the Bot on his, her or its first win. Move over, Eliza!

• KPT at 2008-03-07

cool game…dont u think?

• Adrian Petrescu at 2008-03-07

Congratulations to me on my first Top-10 finish :D And on my birthday too!

• KPT at 2008-03-08

Happy B-day adrian

• mongoose at 2008-03-14

Big congrats to Robin!

heavenly bodies marked the end of an amazing run by Robin who is now tied with Thierry Wasserman for the second longest streak of NINE CONSECUTIVE TOP-10 FINISHES.

Well done! Amazing job!!

• Robin at 2008-03-14

Thank you!

I was aiming for the record of 11 consecutive top 10 finishes, but it wasn't meant to be. :(

• KPT at 2008-03-16

Names of Flowers:

well played or im stupid?

what was the strategy?

• Chaosu ★ at 2008-03-17

Congratulations to me! I actually put just two flowers and forgot to update it later but my expression was picked up! I don't know when it was put on vote, and I got no idea how it all works but I'm so happy now : D I were entering it since I began to play empathy game (tho I'm not playing it every turn).

• Bill Collins at 2008-03-20

Robin is amazing!!!!

• MarleysGhost at 2008-03-28

Congratulations to the flying Finns, who have passed the baton from one first place finisher to another in three consecutive games!

• MichaeI X at 2008-04-01

Congrats to Ed Collins, the true winner of the “unknown animals” round.

See the Best 1 Point Answers thread for details.

Those animals were obviously unkown to us, though well documented.

However, showing smartness and getting empathy points are typically different goals.

Robin's skills are out of question, of course: Nearer to 100% than to the 2nd place in such a widespread game.

(This time, RoRoRo's answers were too far off topic to be seriously considered as an alternate approach)

• KPT at 2008-04-15

Congrats to Passenger!!!

2º place only with 6 games played !!!

• FatPhil at 2008-04-22

Let's hope the 'pre' tag works…

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|                                          Golf Scorecard                                          ||--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------||Place|             Player             |1 |2 |3 |4 |5 |6 |7 |8 |9 |10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|Score||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  1  |[USA]Ed Collins                 |5 |7 |8 |12|19|1 |35|12|7 |6 |41|1 |21|21|5 |12|5 |5 |  223||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  2  |[YUG]Elisa Kabiljo              |22|53|20|10|10|1 |31|9 |28|25|6 |10|7 |4 |11|32|4 |11|  294||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  3  |[FIN]FatPhil                    |8 |46|7 |19|1 |1 |22|1 |16|33|12|24|1 |2 |34|36|38|9 |  310||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  4  |[USA]MarleysGhost               |15|35|6 |8 |22|1 |31|3 |12|39|3 |3 |18|18|7 |21|56|18|  316||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  5  |[ESP]unsusto                    |26|28|35|1 |2 |1 |8 |11|4 |27|12|6 |60|7 |45|22|15|25|  335||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  6  |[USA]Bill Collins               |11|39|17|15|25|1 |5 |47|21|30|27|5 |26|11|18|15|44|4 |  361||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  7  |[GER]Michael X                  |23|1 |22|41|30|19|19|8 |35|38|6 |13|5 |31|23|24|20|21|  379||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  8  |[NED]Xander (xandern .BSW)      |26|3 |25|26|31|15|2 |23|48|8 |25|31|22|11|4 |29|16|35|  380|                   |-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----||  9  |[BEL]movieloverxxl              |53|49|9 |12|28|52|4 |28|5 |3 |31|4 |16|4 |42|22|1 |20|  383||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----|| 10  |[FIN]Micquint Hampton           |39|45|54|21|3 |13|37|15|42|2 |6 |16|9 |9 |15|48|3 |13|  390||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----|| 11  |[FIN]Jaakko Pirinen             |56|50|29|17|47|14|9 |59|1 |24|2 |30|13|22|1 |16|16|6 |  412||-----+--------------------------------+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-----|...

Looks like the USA is back - helmed by Ed who seems to be the only player to be keeping his head while others are flailing currently.

• movieloverxxl at 2008-04-25

Belgium wins its first teamtitle (over one subject), both in scoring (2 points more than Finland) and placing (1 place higher than USA)

woehoe!!

• MichaeI X at 2008-05-19

Bit / Bite :

Congrats to Paavo for a nearly perfect (322/323) game.

Amazing!!!

• Pessoa at 2008-05-19

write, well done to him, after finishing first I only got 40th place =s, Congrats to all others who finished ahead of me

• KPT at 2008-06-08

wow

you belgium and portugal players

play very well…

congrats

• FatPhil at 2008-06-09

Absolutely fantastic performance by Belgium!

http://www.tavislee.com/goe/top3country.php

Top place with only 20 out of the 21 possible scores.

• KPT at 2008-06-28

low total scores

indicate a good empathy matches…

this is like the general topic

• FatPhil at 2008-10-03

I notice Belgium and Finland (without my help (or RoRoRo's!)) are clearly the top 2 on the 7-game top-3-by-country table, and yet both have only 20 out of 21 possible games. (The US 3rd has all 21 but is 300 short.)

http://www.tavislee.com/goe/top3country.php

• MichaeI X at 2008-10-07

I confess, the results of the near repeat “fishes” turned out to be more interesting than I feared.

Congrats to FatPhil and RoRoRo, both noticing that a complete copy would be suboptimal.

Most of us realized that just selecting the “fishes” out of the “fish” list would not work, so poor “guppy” even got less points than in the first round.

However, even FatPhil was not 100% perfect in keeping “food (16)” instead of choosing the next of the fishes “cod (18)“.

• FatPhil at 2008-10-07

Many thanks, Michael. I did laugh when I saw the 9-way clash for 2nd place.

• KPT at 2008-10-08

wow , well played fatphil

a master move.

i though that you put cod instein food.

but now i see that wasnt.

anyway congrats!

• ypercube at 2008-11-06

Congrats to Paavo for “countries” game. Did you play Australia or Russia ?

• Paavo Pirinen at 2008-11-10

Thanks. I played them both and left Japan out. Russia is our neighbor, kind of hard to miss. If I'd left Australia out, I'd also left England out, and doubled USA…

• KPT at 2008-11-28

paavo, u r in the top with 6 games… congrats.

• KPT at 2008-12-08

well played RoRoRo (yellow)

• FatPhil at 2008-12-09

I'm surprised, he's not been very competent recently. He even beat me!

However, the thing that stands out about this game is movieloverxxl's lead. It's normally a lot closer than that. Good show, movieloverxxl!

• movieloverxxl at 2008-12-09

thanks!

I'm suffering with 6 games trying to catch up. But winning this one didn't help a lot as the game that was skipped also was a win ;-)

Give me 9 days and I'll try to be in top again :D

• MichaeI X at 2009-01-29

Congrats to Paul and Ricardo for a 99% perfect round on illegal drugs.

Seems you prefer hashish over pot (in this GoE round ;),

which obviously resulted in the 380/382 score.

(Seriously, it rather a question, which are the most common words among those hemp drugs)

• MichaeI X at 2009-02-27

Congrats to meanguy for winning alone a repetition round.

(I considered to add “Springfield” for the Simpsons Expression myself, but rather followed the usually successful but annoying rule “If repetition, don't think but repeat”)

• KPT at 2010-04-20

What u can say in French?

Paavo u are a guru!!!

Perfect and clean game.

congratulations

• KPT at 2010-04-30

4 individual wins

in the last 7 games…

unique

• KPT at 2010-05-08

Congrats Kingofthebesl

• FatPhil at 2010-05-09

Seconded - masterful play from KingofthebesI!

• kingofthebesI at 2010-05-09

Thankyou for the congratulation was somewhat of a surprise to be an outright winner by a reasonable margin.

• KPT at 2010-05-21

netherland team come faster.

• slaapgraag at 2011-01-01

Isaac newton, a repeated item. Still, RoRo beat us all! congrats to the bot!

• KPT at 2011-01-02

OMG! RoRoRo you made it!!!!!!

Congrats to Fatphil too!

• KPT at 2011-04-27

a Clean victory,

congrats ladymarius.

Very close last 7 games.

Elisa, Hjallti and LadyM

• FatPhil at 2011-04-28

Ladymarius indeed does seem to be making quite an impact on Empathy. Good to see some new blood shaking up the fat lazy oldies ;-)

• Hjallti ★ at 2011-04-28

fat lazy old ???

I am not fat!

• KPT at 2011-04-28

wjajwjwja

• KPT at 2011-05-05

outstanding!!!

congrats again Ladymarius

Return to forum

Reply to this topic