dutch football clubs Game of Empathy

14 replies. Last post: 2011-06-24

Reply to this topic Return to forum

dutch football clubs
  • slaapgraag at 2011-06-22

A lot to say about this one, beiing a dutch feijenoord-fan.

hw (4) WHAT IS HW??

NEC is 10th (8 points) Too bad i dind't pick the club in my hometown myself!

Why are there enties of 2nd league clubs like MVV, Emmen?

AZ (17), AZ Alkmaar (4), Alkmaar (2) all the same team….

• klaashaas at 2011-06-22

It hurts to see only 3 other people picked NAC Breda, while 2nd division team willem II got 7 picks.

sniff…

• Aaron Coombs at 2011-06-22

Not knowing anything about dutch football clubs, i just went to wikipedia and took the first 10 clubs off the list. Which didn't help me any.

• maraca at 2011-06-22

This is why I stopped playing empathy. I think it's just no fun using google, that's why I think 'look up - what do you see' was an excellent topic, but this one sucked.

• Aganju at 2011-06-22

Agreed.

I'm not sure why I won, I did basically what Aaron C said. However, from the list that came up (which had like 20 names), I picked preferably the names I recognized somehow, like Ajax and Feyenoord.

• slaapgraag at 2011-06-22

i did what aaron did, skipped the last 2 for former champions FC Twente and PSV. Worked fine.

• somar96 at 2011-06-22

I added the city names to all my answers, which costed me about 100 points…

• MarleysGhost at 2011-06-22

@slaapgraag, There is no HW (Aitch Doubleyou). HVV (Aitch Vee Vee) is from the Wikipedia article “List_of_football_clubs_in_the_Netherlands” which says " Important teams of the past are HVV (10 titles),“…

BTW, what's the difference between “Eredivisie” and “Eerste Divisie”?

The “Eredivisie” is our top league, the “Eerste Divisie” is our second-to-top league.

Funny.. I had never heard of HVV…

I'm confused by “Eerste Divisie” looking like it means “First Division”, which would be a strange name for a “second” league (unless it was named by the wily marketing department).

It's confusing, but not uncommon. England used to have the same weirdness (Premier League and First Division).

Hmmm. It's similar on Stargate SG-1. The “First Prime” is the second banana.

(My theory is that among the Goauld, the 3rd in command is called the “Second Prime” and the 4th in command is called the “First Composite”.)

• Hjallti ★ at 2011-06-24

H.V.V. is on wikipedia as one of the important dutch teams!

In belgian volleyball there was once the situation that there were 2 national leagues (called Ere Divisie (Honoury) and Eerste Divisie), then 2 division by the 2 stated, and Flandrens they were called Eerste Landelijke and Tweede Landelijke. and then provincial with again 1st

So the top 6 leagues were; Ere, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd

Return to forum

Reply to this topic