irregular plurals? Game of Empathy

5 replies. Last post: 2019-01-30

Reply to this topic Return to forum

irregular plurals?
  • ka300 at 2018-12-05

leaf/leaves in the last one 

child/children – in the current

are they not scored together? what’s the practice?

• Sighris at 2019-01-30

On the Dec 28th (2018) game: http://littlegolem.net/jsp/egame/egame_detail.jsp?egameid=1562 there were 7 people who wrote "teepee" and there were 2 people who wrote "tepee " (another legitimate spelling).  There were also 8 people who wrote "tent" (a less specific term for teepee or tipi < https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipi >)     ...    Less arguably, there were also 8 people who wrote “people” and 6 who wrote “men” (men are people, yes?).... And while I’m on a roll/rant there were 5 who wrote "Indian" and I’m wondering what made 5 people think the people casting the shadows on the Native American tent/tipi were Indian and not Indigenous / Native Americans??? 

Lastly, two people wrote “five” when there is one tipi with at least 10 poles and at least 6 shadows of people in the tent!  How can I have empathy with you people if you can’t count and you don’t know which cultures used conical tents?  ... I mean Norwegian or Swedish I could understand, but “Indian”?!!  ;-) 

• Sighris at 2019-01-30

p.s. I’m kidding..... I totally saw that in addition to the 6 people casting shadows there were also 5 ninjas hiding in the tipi!     (but it is best to never mention that – they don’t like it when you give out their numbers) :D 

• ypercube at 2019-01-30

The term indigenous has only recently been made popular (and not so popular really).

Have you ever heard of “cowboys and Indigenous people”?

I’ve heard of “cowboys and Indians”.

• KPT at 2019-01-30

its part of the game.Being able to predict which term is the correct by examining the population of the game.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]