Cheating Game of Empathy

6 replies. Last post: 2006-04-28

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Cheating
  • Paavo Pirinen at 2006-04-27

I think it might be interesting to hear what people think is cheating and what is not. It's clear that making multiple identities or making pacts with friends is cheating, but that's pretty much all.

Other things I think are cheating and/or bad behaviour (and - cross my heart and hope to die - I don't do), but someone might think OK:

1) discussing game of the day or candidates for next day in any detail with other players or in GoE forum

Means I don't think cheating or bad behaviour (and mostly use), but some others most probably think.

1) discussing game of the day in very general terms with friends or on forum (“this day is boring/easy/clever…“)

2) discussing game of the day with friends not playing (using human resources)

3) using search engines, thesauri, dictionaries, ensyclopedias etc. (using nonhuman resources)

4) using words tactically (using many words of the same root, not using otherwise good word because of many ways to write it…)

5) using information gained due to bad behaviour of others

6) discussing tactics in general with friends or on forum

Just to rise discussion.

• CleverHunk steven cullum at 2006-04-27

who needs to cheat..simple enough game…cheating is a hollow victory anyway.

• Pawel Grabowski at 2006-04-27

ad 1), 5), 6) I agree

ad 2) I ussually pick up empathy results with my girlfriend. I like it because it some kind of our daily routine and we have much fun waiting for results. Don't be too strict. It's only fun game.

ad 3) I use google sometimes but rather to check spelling of words I cannot find in dictionary (harry potter characters for example) normal words I often check in dictionary

ad 4) using words tactically - in my opinion it is tactic what this game is about

that's my pont of view. sorry for my English ;) surely there are some mistakes in my post ;)

have fun empathy players

greetings

pawel grabowski

• Fez at 2006-04-27

It is striking that 16 people picked the same exact colors. Sure the primary colors make sense, but after that…

• Jaakko Pirinen at 2006-04-28

Fez, I don't think it as very striking, in fact 16 is somewhat fewer than I would have expected (not very interesting round all in all). There's just some dozen common and distinct colours, anyway. :)

About the topic I don't have much to say; Paavo's points are fine and I agree with all of them. Tough talking with non-playing friends I think is a little on the shadowy area, when it goes to straight questions like “What does the word 'Ireland' bring to your mind?”

• KPT at 2006-04-28

i think like pawel

the points 2) and 3)

i think is not cheating.

becouse some words

need some investigacion..

example : “Netherlands”

i think…the winners of this words (kind of)

study a little of netherlands.

and…i dont see nothing bad in discuss with your friends (NOT PLAYING IN LG)

the words.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic