I dont understand Word games

6 replies. Last post: 2015-02-21

Reply to this topic Return to forum

I dont understand
  • nemone at 2015-02-20

Game n°1691157 VS Bot

Hello, it 's my first game. I don't speak english very much as i read the rules.

I make ARDOISES and reliate three borders.

The game is not finished ?

Bot place the letter 'O' and make OSERA.

It reliate threee borders.

I want to play : NOISETTES ou GITES but it is impossible. The command button “SEND” has disappear.

Why ?

I thank you for response :)

• nemone at 2015-02-20

WYPS :)

• kingofthebesI at 2015-02-20

The game finishes when a players connect 3 borders and the opponent is unable to make a word that breaks the connection.

Connecting the border in WYPS is like check in chess it is only a win if the opponent can not play a move that escapes. Be aware that it is unlike chess in that you are not told if you have no move, because that could help you find a word you may otherwise have missed. Where you have no escape your only option is resignation or timeout.

BTW try and include a link to game or board it will help identify problems. [game;id:1691157]

• William Fraser at 2015-02-20

To answer your question more directly, if you play either of the plays you listed, there is no choice of letter to flip over (remember that you can only flip one of the letters you use, unless the word is in a straight line) which will break your opponent's 3-sided connection.  (If you think you see one, please explain in more detail and I will attempt to answer more fully).

• VSapristi at 2015-02-21

@ nemone

From WYPS rules -

“When a player makes a winning play (“Atariâ€, indicated by a +), opponent has one additional move to break the connection. The software at Little Golem does not permit a play that fails to break the connection after an “Atariâ€.”

C'est à dire -

Quand le a joué OSERA, joignant ainsi les 3 coté de triangle,

le coup suivant (le tien) doit nécessairement couper cette connexion.

Le logiciel n'accepte pas de coup qui ne réussisse pas à faire ainsi.

Hope this helps.

• VSapristi at 2015-02-21

(corrested text)

@ nemone

From WYPS rules -

“When a player makes a winning play €œAtari, (indicated by a +), opponent has one additional move to break the connection. The software at Little Golem does not permit a play that fails to break the connection after an €œAtari€.”

C'est à dire -

Quand le bot a joué OSERA, joignant ainsi les 3 coté de triangle,

le coup suivant (le tien) doit nécessairement couper cette connexion.

Le logiciel n'accepte pas de coup qui ne réussisse pas à faire ainsi.

Hope this helps.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic