FYI: 5Five Reversi forum

16 replies. Last post: 2010-07-19

Reply to this topic Return to forum

FYI: 5Five
  • quartastella at 2010-04-09

I know I haven't been able to convince too many people that 5Five is just another alias for the vermin resident cheater. However, I'm currently “playing” both 5Five and UserData in the reversi championship and I'm using the Japanese anti-cheating program I've mentioned already to monitor their “play.”

The program has already determined 5Five uses a computer program for his moves even though the game is still in its middle phase.

I also want to point out that 5Five and UserData's moves appear seconds from each other, exactly as it was the case with 5Five and Yashny's moves last month.

Question: should the program manage to draw or even beat those two cheaters, should I let it finish the games? I'm asking because I don't think the points are going to do anything for me (the field is just too strong and I'll be demoted anyway), but they may prevent one of those two from being promoted to the top league and send up a player who deserves it.

• Greck at 2010-04-09

crush them :)

• Tasmanian Devil at 2010-04-09

Do whatever you want to them, but how much a favour are you doing to the “deserving” player in these infested waters? ;-)

• kingofthebesI at 2010-04-09

I am convinced on the 5five use of a computer and that 5five is not the only nickname used by the entity behind the account and to those not convinced I have a friend who is a Nigerian prince who will make you wealthy if you send a few $1000 dollars and your bank account details.

There a family of godlike user where the PUBLICLY AVAILABLE AI kicks butt and don't do much in games that there is no publicly available AI to speak of!

• quartastella at 2010-04-11

The “game” ended in a draw, something that leads me to believe the cheater uses a very strong program or my anti-cheating program understood right away which program 5Five was using and copied every move.

Note that 5Five has already completed three games in the championship while UsEr_DaTa is up to move 41 in the game against erwin vd berg. However, in the game 5Five vs UsEr_DaTa only two moves have been made. Easy prediction: this game will be completed only when the outcome of the championship has been determined.

In the reversi 10x10 leg of the Tour of Little Golem, I was crushed by 5Five 85-15, but the most interesting game was this one:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1173236

This is a typical ending when someone who doesn't know how to play reversi plays using a computer program that is not aware of the dangers of evaporation.

• Tasmanian Devil at 2010-04-11

I believe this has also happened to strong human players. Over-evaporation is a bigger danger in 10×10 than in 8×8 because of the increased distance to the edge.

• erwin vd berg at 2010-04-11

I've just started playing here again and I heard in the Dutch Othello community that LG has grown with a lot of cheaters and my first experience here was with 5Five in the folowing game:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1175896

I soon noticed that this player immediatly responsed with UsEr_DaTa.

I start chatting with UsEr_DaTa if he uses 2 account but he said no.

After a few more moves I started checking 5Fives history and I came to the conclusion he;s a cheater and I resigned the game. From then on UsEr_DaTa did not make any more moves in the folowing game:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1175885

Well, the game will end if he does not play but if he will, I resign that game too. Both players 100% cheaters for me.

• quartastella at 2010-04-11

Technically speaking UsEr_DaTa was right. He doesn't have 2 accounts, but many, many more (5Five, Ye_L_O, MaiN_LoGiN, Password, FairPlaY, Ja_mai_ca, and many others).

And how many more top Othello players is Little Golem going to lose due to this one idiot? Are we sure the vermin resident cheater doesn't work for a different game site?

• quartastella at 2010-04-15

Surprise! The “game” with UsEr_DaTa also ended in a draw. Who could have foreseen such a coincidence?

• Roel at 2010-04-16

Roberto resigned every game? Didn't he like playing anymore?

• Roel at 2010-06-05

I never won any game the last few years against these players, but this time it was very close. http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1175915

• Roel at 2010-07-18

@quartastella: I don't mind that you used the anti-cheating against these two players, but by achieving draws against them, you end up above me in the championship which wouldn't have happened otherwise. Anyway, that doesn't matter, because I do not like continue playing anymore on this site.

• Roel at 2010-07-18

In addition to that. Did you notice the the games in the first league? All games between 8 of the 9 players have the same position on the board and are all resigned halfway through the game, depending on what color was desired to win.

That must be very hard proof that these 8 player IDs are from the same person or the same group of persons.

Impertinence rises in the absence of punishment.

• quartastella at 2010-07-18

This is exactly why in the very first post in this thread I asked …

“Question: should the program manage to draw or even beat those two cheaters, should I let it finish the games? I'm asking because I don't think the points are going to do anything for me (the field is just too strong and I'll be demoted anyway), but they may prevent one of those two from being promoted to the top league and send up a player who deserves it.”

I wanted to make sure nobody had anything against that for whatever reason. As I explained I was sure I would have been demoted anyway and that's exactly what happened. You or I finishing ahead of each other did not make any difference since we are both relegated to third division. What's really not acceptable is that honest players are kept down by cheating players.

I had pointed out that 8 of the 9 players in the top league were the same person a long time ago, even before the championship started. I had also pointed out that 5Five and UsErDaTa also belonged to the same posse a while ago and again in this thread.

I feel that my observations have been proven right.

• quartastella at 2010-07-18

I stand corrected: you finished fourth and will stay in second division, I finished seventh and I'm being relegated.

• Roel at 2010-07-19

I didn't know how many players will go down to the third league.

Yesterday when I was looking I was 7th and you were 6th. There was one game to go for me, which I was losing, but apparently my opponent ran out of time.

You had the green light to crush them. I don't mind my position now, because I'll probably retreat from Littlegolem, unless the administrator decides to ban these players. I should play more at playOK, because my level of play is still deteriorating.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic