Lambda Search in Hex Hex, Havannah

4 replies. Last post: 2016-01-01

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Lambda Search in Hex
  • Sean Pek at 2015-12-24

I am familiar with the idea of lambda search in Go.

I would like to know if there is any current implementations of said search in Hex. Otherwise, I would implement it over Christmas.

• Lajkonik_10_bot at 2015-12-28

Hi Sean,

Have you developed your lambda search code? Will you make it open source? I am always interested in implementations of game-playing algorithms.

Marcin

• Sean Pek at 2015-12-29

1) I am trying to use various tricks to optimise the lambda search specifically for Hex.

2) It could be open-source, but I never made anything open-source before, so I need to go and have a look into that.

3) It's not really a game-playing algorithm, but rather a search to solve various subpositions. For instance, given a mark stoned and a certain area, determine if it is possible to reach the edge from the marked stone.

• Jakub Pawlewicz at 2016-01-01

Hi all,

There is new program called DeepHex. He was the first competitive program to MoHex on the last Computer Olympiad in 2015. This algorithm is described inĀ Siblings Conspiracy Number Search and in some optimizations in Feature Strength and Parallelization of Conspiracy Number Search. It is based on Conspiracy Number Search which can simulate lambda search with some setup of parameters. So this algorithm is more general. But, if you want to get a bot playing with acceptable strength you need to implement more staff like virtual connections. Simple implementation of any algorithm like lambda search results in very poor behaviour unfortunately.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic