Hex Videos on Youtube Hex, Havannah

12 replies. Last post: 2017-10-20

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Hex Videos on Youtube
  • JKB at 2016-08-24

Hi, everyone! I’ve decided to create Youtube channel about Hex. Recently I have made two videos: First is intoduction to Hex, the second is lesson about very basics of Hex. Feel free to comment and criticize. 

Links to the channel and videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoPLjvVVVAwKRFc3zk34ZPg

Intoduction to Hex:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IPccpVgW7s

Basics of Hex:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjhNo8fjz8

• Tasmanian Devil at 2016-08-25

Perhaps there will be some advanced lessons as well? :-)

• Nagy Fathy at 2016-08-25

Nice videos, I will share them on my FB page, as they are very good introduction for the game!

• JKB at 2016-08-25

Tasmanian Devil, first of all, I want to make a few( 2-3 perhaps) basic lessons. Of course, then there will be some more advanced videos, may be some game analysis or even playing the real-time games on the Internet. But I don’t know how far it will be “advanced”, because there’s many things I should learn in Hex :)

Nagy Fathy, Thank you for sharing, I appreciate that!

• Austral at 2016-08-26

Games analyses would be really nice ! !!

I will share them too...

Thanks for it.

• panglott at 2016-08-27

Thanks! Subscribed!

• Arek Kulczycki at 2016-08-30

For a few months I’ve been thinking about creating my own channel where I would analyse my games out loud. Thanks for your contribution and a new incentive to do the stuff myself :)

• JKB at 2016-09-05

Thanks everyone for support! I made one more video, it’s about templates and ladder tricks.
    Arek, I really hope, that you will find time and energy to make your own stuff. It will be very interesting to the whole Hex community, I think :)

• z at 2016-09-06

Great tutorials!

Glad to see trmph.com in the videos :)

• Giupiter at 2016-09-27

Hi! Nice Job. I shared the link of the channel on our FB pages Hex Board Game & Hex Game Project . I and another Italian player are making something similar, but the purpose is the same, let this HEXtraordinary game known as it deserve! 

• apetresc ★ at 2017-10-12

I know this topic is very old, but I only just now stumbled upon it, and I wanted to say how much I enjoyed the videos (in particular, the last one). It may be too late now, but I hope one day you return to this series and make a few more advanced videos, too. Thank you!

• magicnonno at 2017-10-20

I just discovered this and, yes, it’s great! 

I understand it is a lot of work for a single person and I imagine it is very easy to get worn out.

Is there any way to make it a collective effort where a number of people may share their own views/tricks/tutorials? That would make the load on each one of us lighter. Of course contributions by the top players would be particularly significant and appreciated.

For example, at the basic level, I think it would be useful to have  tutorials where each one of the most common templates are discussed and explained. When I started with hex I remember it took me quite some time to figure out for sure how to handle the 4th row templates (IVa and IVb). That was a good exercise for me, but having a tutorial on those would probably have sped up my learning curve.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]