An old suggestion by CSM TWIXT PP

4 replies. Last post: 2011-06-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

An old suggestion by CSM
  • Alan Hensel at 2011-06-06

I was just going over the games I played with CSM, and found this exchange I had forgotten about:

CSM: …is there a name for the situation you just set up with your last move? The spatial relationship between k16 and m11 is extremely difficult to penetrate should I need to go between them, not that I would try in this game but when I've encountered it before, it gives me a lot of trouble and I like your terminology so I was hoping you a name for this bastard!

Me: I just call it “the 2-5 gap”, but I like your suggestion of “Bastard” ;-) Its strength lies in the fact that with one peg & link, you can create any of the 3 major setups (0-4, 1-3, 3-3).

CSM: If I may, I'd like to say that your terms like the 2-5 gap are more appropriate (more des-criptive and still basic as opposed to complicated) but I want to make “the bastard” the official nick-name of the 2-5 gap ;)

Now, I'm sorry I didn't post this suggestion before Chuck died. But in his honor, and because it might add a bit of Chuck's spirit to the game, I hereby propose the 2-5 gap henceforth be nicknamed “The Bastard”.

• Aaron Coombs at 2011-06-06

Sounds good to me.

• David at 2011-06-07

i'm all for it, sounds great.

• Robert Irvin at 2011-06-07

aye

Return to forum

Reply to this topic