David J. Bush TWIXT PP

12 replies. Last post: 2013-01-16

Reply to this topic Return to forum

David J. Bush
  • Thierry Pertuy at 2011-11-19

Hi,

I'm worrying for David. He loosed several games by forfeit and did not connect on LG for more than 2 weeks. This is not usual for him.

Does anyone have some news about him ?

Thierry

• FatPhil at 2011-11-19

An email address is listed here, but I have no idea if that's current or not.

• mirari at 2011-11-19

For what it's worth, his last login on www.boardgamegeek.com (user-id twixter) was today: “Last Login: 2011-11-19”.

• Robert Irvin at 2011-11-20

He has probably grown tired of stomping us into the ground…

• Alan Hensel at 2011-11-30

I sent David a message on BGG, and got this response: “I'm okay, thanks for asking. But my Internet and email access has been restricted. My email still works, but I can use it only sporadically. I regret losing all those games, but I have larger concerns at the moment. Sorry for my sloppy exit.”

Pretty crafty, those kidnappers… ;-)

• Thierry Pertuy at 2011-12-01

Thanks for the news. I'm happy that David is ok and I hope he will be able to come back soon.

Thierry

• Christian K at 2011-12-14

He works in an office and they don't allow him to play games in work time anymore is my guess ;)

• Dunross at 2012-04-26

I played a live game on iggamecenter.com today against “Peyrol”. I was losing pretty bad when my opponent revealed he was David J. Bush. I went on to lose but David chatted this message.
    “Well I hope you tell them (LG),I wish them all well and hope they will play here on Game Center some time.”

• David J Bush ★ at 2012-05-10

Again, sorry for the sloppy exit, but maybe I will start playing here again some time. In the meantime I sometimes show up on Game Center or Ludoteka or BoardSpace.net which might just add Twixt some day. Also I have been composing “puzzles”:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/798016/some-puzzles which I will probably submit to Alan's puzzle site, but first I would appreciate if anyone can cook them for me, i.e. find a flaw in the solution or find an alternate solution.

• maraca at 2012-05-10

Hi. puzzle 1 looks correct to me. In puzzle 2 I see an alternative solution: G6, blue has to block left, then orange I5, blue has to block the direct connection and orange makes an unbreakable gap on H5.

• David J Bush ★ at 2012-05-10

Thanks maraca, I patched puzzle 2!

• dushoff at 2013-01-16

Man, peyrol! You did not reveal to me that you were David J. Bush on igg. Maybe you don't remember me?

Return to forum

Reply to this topic