50 TWIXT PP

7 replies. Last post: 2012-06-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

• Alan Hensel at 2012-02-03

Twixt was published by 3M in 1962. That was 50 years ago. Happy 50th, Twixt!

• KPT at 2012-02-03

Happy birthday!

and now i have my own twixt board!!

I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a treasure in a while.

• Thierry Pertuy at 2012-02-04

Happy birthday Twixt ! :-)

Btw, I'm lucky enough to have got a 1962 3M Twixt board edition.

• David J Bush ★ at 2012-05-10

I remember my first game, in September of 1967. I was 13 years old, a freshman in high school. A classmate showed me how to play before she left to catch her bus. I lost, but she was upset that she was not able to defeat me as quickly as she wanted to. She may have missed her bus as a result.

Thierry, your set may say copyright 1962, but that does not necessarily mean it was printed then. There were at least three different versions of the rules, and they all say copyright 1962. The first version does not mention link nor peg removal at all. The second version says:

!http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1301806.png!
    This is confusing terminology. It would seem, someone thought the only reason to remove a link is if you are running out of them.

The final version says:

!http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1308717.png!

So, if your copy is the final version, it was probably printed around 1968 or later. If it does not mention link removal at all, there's a strong chance it was printed in 1962. And if it says “inactive strategically” Then it was printed some time between 1962 and 1968. Another clue you can go by, is if you have a brochure of other 3M games in the box. If it has a print date of 1970 for example, then it had to be inside the shrink wrap, so the box must have been made in 1970 or later.

• na_wspak at 2012-05-13

David, your brief from history may be a partial answer to my question from here

• Thierry Pertuy at 2012-06-06

@David : Thank you for your informations. Alas, the original rules are missing in my game, so that I'm not able to know which edition it is exactly. All I can say is that this is the red box with the “copyright 1962”…

Hope you will come back soon to play Twixt on LG !

Thierry

• Loïc Boisnier at 2012-06-14

The fact who desperate me is that TwixT is not published yet.
    Indeed, the abstracts games are not best sellers, but i don't understand that a publisher can't do a place for this exceptionnal game.
    For this 50 years, it would be interesting to find an editor who wants to published tha game.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic