Longest championship time? TWIXT PP

6 replies. Last post: 2012-11-04

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Longest championship time?
  • elroy at 2012-10-31

Anybody have any idea what TwixT championship tournament took the longest to complete? Even ones where the last game was a foregone conclusion for a really long time. Just asking.

• isometry at 2012-10-31

It was this one.

• elroy at 2012-10-31

Mother of god that was long. Did you actually look through them all, automate the process or just remember this?

• isometry at 2012-10-31

The easy part was to compare the starting times to find out which round took the longest. Then I looked through the groups of that round.

• jds at 2012-11-01

I don't recall seeing this at level 1 before. What do you suppose the rationale is, with 95 people wanting to play the next tournament? Ok, clearly one person is not ready for it to start. Oh well, 4 moves left.

• elroy at 2012-11-04

I have limited time for playing TwixT so I usually only join championship tournaments. I finish my games kinda quickly usually and then end up in the quandary of having to decide if I should start another game or two. Usually I figure if the the last games are in championships 4 or below then the players are inexperienced and will not know when the game is over and play longer so I take on another game. If the games are higher level the players know when it is over so it will be over in a reasonable time. This time I guessed wrong, I think I may have forgotten how to play at this point. I can only figure that jds is right about the rationale here.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic