Popularity TWIXT PP

11 replies. Last post: 2013-03-22

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Popularity
  • mtbikesman at 2013-03-20

Does anyone know which games on LG are the most popular? Chess, Go, Twixt, or something else.

I only play Twixt because that is the only thing I'm any good at. I never heard of most of these games.

• Ignatius J Reilly at 2013-03-20

This “tournament page”:http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/tournament/index.jsp shows how many people are entered in the various “championship” tournaments, which gives a rough measure of popularity.

• mtbikesman at 2013-03-20

It would appear that GO is the go to game :)
    Alas, I have no idea how to play it :(

• FatPhil at 2013-03-20

There are many ways to follow up to a statement like that:

1) Neither so a lot of the people signed up for the tournament, looking at the checkerboard patterns they paint in the endgame and ultimate suicides they line up for themselves.
    2) I know how to play! Alas I haven't got a clue how to play well!
    3) Popularity proves nothing - more people listen to Justin Bieber than to Allan Holdsworth.
    4) …

• KPT at 2013-03-21

btw: If holdsworth play board games, we'd be screwed

• KPT at 2013-03-21

btw: If holdsworth play board games, we'd be screwed

• Martyn Hamer at 2013-03-21

mtbikesman, if you're a Twixt player then I guess you'll want to have a look at the other connection games such as Hex, Havannah and Slither. If you sign up for the championships, you'll start in the lowest division and have plenty of winnable games.

Before joining LG there were plenty of games I'd never played, but over time I've registered for everything. There are still plenty of games I'm not particularly good at (mostly the connection games above…), but there's nothing wrong with losing games and learning from it.

• KPT at 2013-03-21

Nothing wrong???

What about ruining my 1500 virginity ???

• Florian Jamain at 2013-03-21

As Martyn, before LG I just knew Chess and Go, maybe Hex.

You can read the rules on wikipedia and enjoy (-;

• ypercube at 2013-03-21

@kpato Virginity is over-estimated.

• Martyn Hamer at 2013-03-22

Losing your 1500 virginity is not as daunting as it seems, I promise. Wikipedia and Google contain lots of advice, failing that you could just hope to win a few games on time :o)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic