Unable to see Twixt game window TWIXT PP

13 replies. Last post: 2014-09-10

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Unable to see Twixt game window
  • mack howard at 2014-09-07

The game page is resolving but the game window does not show up and, consequently, I cannot make a move. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Art Duval at 2014-09-07

I've just discovered the same thing in Hex13.  See the Hex forum for how I've been able to cobble together a strategy for at least making moves.

• mack howard at 2014-09-07

Thanks, Art. That helps but it doesn't seem to work for Column A on my system; still better than nothing.

• mtbikesman at 2014-09-08

I cant see the twixt board either.  One can use Twixt commentator but then actually making your move is hit and miss.

• Nagy Fathy at 2014-09-08

It is clear that someone has deleted the background pictures for Twixt and Hex of the Server, Richard has to restore them back!

• mack howard at 2014-09-08

Yes, it appears to be independent of the browser choice. I have tried IE, Chrome and Firefox and the images do not display with any of those.

I have tried it with all known browsers and on three different computers and get the same results.  I hope I don't run out of time before I can make a move on a few of my games.

• Florian Jamain at 2014-09-08

It is still possible to play, so you won't lose by time.

You charge the game on analyzer, you play your move on analyzer, then you try to find the place to play on LG and cancel untill you are on there right place. I already did it to not run out of time.

• Steven at 2014-09-08

I thought about trying Florian's method.  Damn, that is painful.  Has anyone spoken to Richard?  I can afford a few more vacation days, but this is annoying.

Steven, be a man and go blindfolded.  Add some life to you monotonous existence.

• Wickedestjr at 2014-09-09

Go to analyzer, figure out where you want to move, e.g. K15. Then go back to the blank game screen and click somewhere on the board at random. You'll notice that the end of the url will reflect which move you have selected, e.g. if you unintentionally selected E6, then the url will end in ef because f is the sixth letter of the alphabet. All you'd have to do to make the move K15 is edit the last two characters of the url to ko. Easy fix.

• MarleysGhost at 2014-09-09

Note that you don't really have to click. You can hover and Firefox will show the URL in the lower left corner of the window. Is there an equivalent URL preview for IE, Chrome, Safari or Opera?

• Art Duval at 2014-09-10

Problem seems to be solved, at least for me, in both Twixt and Hex.

BTW, @Marley: the hovering also works in Safari.  You know, in case this problem happens again. ;-)

Return to forum

Reply to this topic