43rd Champion TWIXT PP

7 replies. Last post: 2016-06-11

Reply to this topic Return to forum

43rd Champion
  • MisterCat at 2016-06-07

Though not all sections are complete, section 1 is:

Congratulations to David Bush for his fine victory!

It’s been a while for David, I believe.

I wish I could figure out what is going on with Loony: having played through his games these last two championships, it appears that he is capable of pulling off absolute brilliancies and defeating top players, or playing like a rank beginner and getting smeared.  Perhaps he needs the challenge to inspire him?  When he wins, he reminds me stylistically of Florian, in that you really think he is totally beaten, but then pulls off a few clever and unexpected moves and completely turns the game around!  Wish I knew how to do that.

Just as a side note regarding myself: barely playing here these days, but I try to keep up.  Thing is, besides the struggles with my own life, I play Chess on another website; entered a 21 player tournament there, only to find that it was a double round robin – all of a sudden, 40 serious Chess games, which really have been occupying my free time!  I’m doing well in the tournament, for all who may care!

• David J Bush ★ at 2016-06-07

Thanks very much! Loony certainly surprised me as well. His losses might be due to running out of steam. It takes a lot of energy to devote so much attention to all those first league opponents.

Hopefully, Maciej will put in an appearance next cycle! Maybe Gyorgy too, who knows?

• spd_iv at 2016-06-08

congrats!

• Loony at 2016-06-08

Congratulations David!

I can’t really explain my results. I don’t have the feeling I’m good at TwixT, I have no idea what I’m doing in the games. Maybe it’s just a bit lucky or the top players underestimating me? But it’s also true that I can’t put the same effort in all my games, that’s why I frequently use all my vacation days to just delay some moves..

• Florian Jamain at 2016-06-08

Congrats David my friend!

I stopped a little TwixT right now and I focused on Polyomino, a game that I love, I can say it. But I have the feeling that I will return soon here, maybe the next championship? Will see.

I hope I did not lose my level without playing! This Loony seems interesting, need to study that! (-;

• mtbikesman at 2016-06-08

I almost beat David in our game but then he made his first move.

• Steven at 2016-06-11

M. T. I had a similar experience with David.  ;-)

Loony came very close to beating me.  I admit, I had a bit of luck in that game.

Loony, if you play the lower ranked players as if they were David or SPD_IV, you will probably win the tournament.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]