twixt.DEFAULT.mc.2011.final Size 24 TWIXT PP

7 replies. Last post: 2017-01-03

Reply to this topic Return to forum

twixt.DEFAULT.mc.2011.final Size 24
  • Thierry Pertuy at 2016-12-31

Hi,

Must have missed something because I wonder why the twixt.DEFAULT.mc.2011.final Size 24 turnament has been launched and why I am in although I have not asked to be.

Any infos ?

...and happy new year to everybody whith a few hours in advance

Thierry

• Tasmanian Devil at 2016-12-31

It’s a new thing that the monthly cup winners of any given year are put into a final round. So you qualified by winning a monthly cup in 2011.

• Thierry Pertuy at 2017-01-02

Thanks for the answer, Tasmanian Devil.

Coming back to 2011 seems too much. As for myself I have not played Twixt for years and I am not willing to play this turnament as I am not ready to do so...

This is a pity to be automatically enroled this way.

Thierry

• Tasmanian Devil at 2017-01-02

These final rounds, which started around one year ago, actually go all the way back to the monthly cups from 2002. In some of them, not a single move was made by any player before all the games finished on time-out.

• MisterCat at 2017-01-02

Thierry, Twixt fans like MYSELF miss seeing games by superb players like YOURSELF.  Do think about returning to the fold, ONE OF THESE DAYS!  As for this old tournament, it is probably meaningless and I believe that you can resign all your games without losing rating points (or wait for them to time out).  What I’ve been seeing is that occasionally, when an old game like this is created between players that are STILL HERE and ACTIVE, they play it out for the fun of it.  Certainly there is no requirement to do so.  Maybe Richard reads these threads and will put in a fix; then again, maybe not.

(meow)

• Tasmanian Devil at 2017-01-03

If you let them time out instead of resigning, you lose rating points. I discovered by accident that my Reversi 10x10 had dropped, shortly after stopping checking the email address that my LG notifications are sent to.

• Thierry Pertuy at 2017-01-03

Thanks for your lights. Going to ask Richard.

Thanks for your kind words, MisterCat. I have always told to myself that I will come back one of these days but I miss time and I am not ready to do so for now.

During the little time I can afford playing games I am more focused on chess as I try to remain a decent sparing partner for my kid who is learning quickly. And I also play Go as this was one of my first love...

Have a nice day, a nice week, a nice month and a nice year !

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]