Twixt-commentator doesnt register games, that ended on timeout, as finished TWIXT PP
4 replies. Last post: 2017-11-21Reply to this topic Return to forum
purgency at 2017-11-18
Whenever I play dots and boxes I get really jealous, cuz the twixt duds have this really cool analyzer with comment function.
Good stuff, really good stuff.
But then I actually play twixt sometimes. Sometimes I win, others I lose. The games that I lose are usually the more interesting ones. Anyway, I feel good cuz I can use this amazing tool on the interesting games I lost.
Then I notice that I lost the game on timeout, like most games I lose. (cuz i’m bad at losing and lose motivation to move.)
The commentator doesnt work on games that ended on timeout.
I get sad.
Best wishes, purgency
David J Bush at 2017-11-19
This seems like a good time to put in an advertisement for Jtwixt. Every analysis page provides a link to download a Jtwixt file (thanks to Alan Hensel.)
This has some advantages over the duckdns site.
- You can store on your machine an entire tree of variations.
- If you evaluate the leaf nodes, Jtwixt will label all the parent nodes accordingly.
- It doesn’t have an engine that plays, but it remembers for you every branch you looked at and what your conclusions were.
- You can send a file back and forth by email.
- A “compare trees” feature allows you to see what changes were made to this file as it gets passed back and forth.
- The colors of everything, window size, show guide lines or not, etc. are adjustable by you, and your preferences can be stored.
- Comments can be added to every node.
- And you can post mortem timed out games!
Also it’s free. Thanks to Kevin Walker.
Alan Hensel at 2017-11-21
Purgency is right about the sgf stuff. It doesn’t provide sufficient information, so I resort to scraping the HTML page to figure out the rest. Of course, from time to time, Richard changes the look and feel of the pages, and despite my best efforts to parse the HTML meaningfully and robustly, inevitably one of those LittleGolem HTML changes breaks Commentator’s parsing.
Unfortunately, this has caught me at a bad time. Due to Thanksgiving holiday plans, I will not be able to give this proper attention until at least next week sometime.
In the meantime, please vote for a better fix: https://bitbucket.org/rmalaschitz/littlegolem/issues/66/add-data-to-sgf-provided-for-go-games