Connection to LG breaks easily General forum

13 replies. Last post: 2015-09-22

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Connection to LG breaks easily
  • wanderer_bot at 2015-09-17

For a while now I'm seeing my connection to LG fail a lot. But only briefly. E.g., I'll try to send a move, or visit a forum, or view a game, and it will fail the first time but then be fine the second try. Anybody else seeing this?

• Tommah at 2015-09-17

I see this a lot as well.  I remember reading in the forum that connecting to the server from America encountered more failures than connecting from Europe.  I don't know whether that's true, though.

• wanderer_bot at 2015-09-17

Hmmm. I wonder if others can confirm this.

Still, it seems like something relatively new to me. When I watch Wanderer run I used to see it go flawless for days. Now every 10 or 15 minutes it dies (I'm assuming because of a connection error) and then has to start up again.

• z at 2015-09-17

Same here, from the bay area. It's been going on like this for at least a week.

• Mirko Rahn at 2015-09-18

complete stable on my side (germany)

• Polydarya at 2015-09-19

Same thing sometimes happens here in Russia. I thought something was wrong with my computer.

• William Fraser at 2015-09-20

I've been having trouble too (Bay area, just like @z).

• pim at 2015-09-22

Suddenly, at 0.40 pm (Paris time), some java nullscript error appeared, as I was playing a Hex move. Then I discover that I was playing 0 games !  But the connection is ok.

Some other parts of the site became also unvisible (for instance the item “others question” in the FAQ page !)

DId you encounter similar thinks?

How can I call an administrator ?

• Yoti at 2015-09-22

Same here - already for one hour or so. Seems like something is broken somewhere - usually it is up and running again within 24 hours…. It is a free server for us - so we should not complain too much I guess….;-)

• William Fraser at 2015-09-22

Another symptom:

On the home page, the number of players and number of games are both zero.

• Tommah at 2015-09-22

Richard must have added new code to detect cheaters and terminate their games.  It turns out that everyone was a bot.  Even me!  I never knew!

• David J Bush ★ at 2015-09-22

We should all look to our ways. Repent sinners!

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2015-09-22

Here

Game Messages only go back a few days to 14th September 2015

Other Messages go back years

Maybe game database has overflowed, not sure what would happen if no storage space left

Return to forum

Reply to this topic