28 replies. Last post: 2020-04-18

Reply to this topic Return to forum

• Takvorian at 2016-03-02

I see that quite a few players here have very nice avatars. I don't find this option when editing my profile. How do I add one?

Thanks!

• _syLph_ at 2016-03-02

you go to gravatar.com and do it there. make sure to use the email address you're using for LG.

• hyperpape at 2016-03-02

Note that it will follow you for the rest of your life. You will enter your email in some comment box somewhere, and the gravatar will appear, whether you meant to attach it or not.

• Takvorian at 2016-03-02

Thanks for your help!

• Sighris at 2016-03-02

Nice one Takvorian !

• Wolfpack at 2017-01-05

bump

• Wolfpack at 2017-01-31

re bump…………… change that icon

• Sighris at 2017-02-18

Nice one The_Burglar ! Who did you steal that one from?  (re bump)

• Wolfpack at 2017-02-18

these player icons can change at any moment, so it's best not to reference them because they are not an it

and why are the australian ones not upside down ( or downside up )

• Hjallti ★ at 2017-10-29

Bump

• Florian Jamain at 2017-10-29

Good! (-;

• Wolfpack at 2019-02-19

Bump

• Paiguru at 2019-02-19

Is there a way for people who registered with their FB account to change their avatar ?

Gravatar doesn't seem to be applied and FB profile picture is used instead.

I would have preferred something more private here..

• MarIeysGhost at 2019-02-19

Yes if you use your FB account email, the gravatar picture is not taken into account, but mine is not the FB one.

Your picture and lady are both really nice, don't change a thing!

• P_Guz at 2019-02-27

+1 to

Is there a way for people who registered with their FB account to change their avatar ?

• Daniel Sepczuk at 2019-02-27

Seems it works :)

• Paiguru at 2019-02-28

Thanks MarIeysGhost ;)

I think that if you registered with the same email as FB you can change your avatar.

But if you use FB authentication in the first place then there is no option available to change your avatar.

• Paiguru at 2019-02-28

I thought a screenshot would be better than words.

In 'my profile' section, a few things can be changed but not the picture:

And in the 'Player Info' section, it is all read-only.

• Sighris at 2019-03-07

I used a different email address than my FB account, so I just got my gravitar image / avatar…

- so only guessing here, but maybe if you change your email address it will change your LG avatar to the gravitar image associated with it… If somebody does that let us know what happens!

Also, I'm wondering if somebody updates their FB image if it will change here too, or if they are stuck with what-ever they had when they registered (created account) here (on LG)?

• Sighris at 2019-03-07

SylvainNZ, by “in the ‘Player Info’ section, it is all read-only.” did you mean “in the More info about You:” box?  You can't type in there?  (because I could / did) - so try again - but I registered using an email account, not FB, so maybe LG is trying to pull info from your FB profile?

• P_Guz at 2019-03-09

If you are registered using FB, LG pulls info from FB profile and it seems that nothing can be done with it. That's the problem.

P.S. I do not know why I registered by FB account. Shame on me.

• Carroll at 2019-03-09

You can use the FB adress to login classicaly (forget password), and then change your gravatar picture. And then still use FB to login I guess.

• Paiguru at 2019-03-11

P_Guz  is right, once you've chosen FB login, you're stuck with your profile picture, Gravatar is not taken into account.

@Sighris, I was talking about the 'Player Info' section that you get in the drop down menu in the top right.  Since it was not in 'My profile' I hoped something was in there for the picture.

• Sighris at 2019-03-31

@ Paiguru, ah… of course… I should have thought of that… I wonder if somebody who joined LG by using FB authentication can change their avatar here by changing their FB avatar… If not, then people who do that (use FB authentication) should think at least a little bit about what avatar image they want here FOR THE REST OF THEIR LITTLE GOLEM LIVES! :) ……. and maybe the LG registration system should warn them about this. :D

• andyo at 2020-03-28

So I did the Gravatar thing but nothing changed - I still have a system-generated avatar. Is there a delay?

• andyo at 2020-03-28

oops - it just changed here - I guess it's a process…

• Sighris at 2020-04-17

Nice one andyo ! - Welcome to the cool-kids group. ;-)

• MisterCat ★ at 2020-04-18

when I changed my avatar last year, it was a real pain.   I found that 'Gravitar' had been taken over by 'Wordpress', which is a web hosting outfit.  I had to enlist their customer support - they WERE helpful - and managed the change.  Also, if I ever want to create my own website, now I am registered with 'Wordpress', so I guess I'd use them (they have a free option).

Return to forum

Reply to this topic