Shogi design button General forum

18 replies. Last post: 2018-05-14

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Shogi design button
  • Rbpompeu at 2018-03-23

Is it possible to add  a design button for Shogi the same fashion as the existing one at Xiangqi?

Cheers

• Ray Garrison at 2018-03-25

several years ago, this feature was available, and at that time, I selected an Americanized version of the pieces, which I am still able to use today (I no longer have the option to use standard Japanese tiles)  Then, the webmaster did a major redesign of this website, and at that time, the option to select pieces disappeared.  However, the optional sets are definitely still part of the website (but not apparently accessible), as I use one of the optional sets!  I suggest you bug the webmaster about this.  I think others have attempted to get Richard to reinstate the optional tiles, but to no avail.  But maybe if you keep bugging him!

• Rbpompeu at 2018-03-26

I will, I will, thxs

• klaashaas at 2018-03-27

Or you can (ask someone to) add it to the BiggerGolem Extension (only works for desktop, though):

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/forum/topic2.jsp?forum=1&topic=3120

• apetresc at 2018-04-10

Well, it's already in BiggerGolem - it adds two new Shogi piece sets. The button to switch between them is in the extension preferences, though, not the “Design” button on the game page itself, since changing the board style is something people presumably do very rarely.

• Rbpompeu at 2018-04-10

I meant a design button for westernized pieces, likewise Xiangqi…

• apetresc at 2018-04-10

Oh, okay. I can definitely add a westernized piece set if anyone can point me to a nice-looking, free one.

• Rbpompeu at 2018-04-11

Great, I"ll try to find some designs and let you know about it.

• Ray Garrison at 2018-04-17

here at little golem, I use the hidetchi shogi pieces, which are very attractive and logical in design.  When the webmaster Richard first added shogi to this site, the hidetchi pieces were an option (and I am forced to use them now).  At that time, Richard was also promoting someone who was selling hidetchi wooden pieces.   You can google hidetchi shogi pieces, then click on “image” to see the design.  I still recommend you keep pestering Richard, because the set is already set up to offer these pieces, so shouldn't be too hard to set it back up!

• Ray Garrison at 2018-04-17

link to buy Hidetchi pieces:

http://shop.nekomado.com/products/detail.php?product_id=34

• apetresc at 2018-04-18

Hmm, interesting. @Ray, since you seem to be one of the few people who can still see the Hidetchi pieces on your account, can you send me the URL of one of the piece images? (Do you know how to do this, by using “Inspect Element”? If not - and if you're willing to help - I can show you how!)

• gamesorry ★ at 2018-04-18

apetresc:

I think the sample pieces are still available from https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/games/gamedetail.jsp?gtid=shogi&page=rules

Right clicking on the pieces and you'll see something like:

https://www.littlegolem.net/images/shogi/west/shogi00.png

• apetresc at 2018-04-19

Beautiful! I'll get these integrated into BiggerGolem ASAP :)

• apetresc at 2018-04-19

Alright, support for Hidetchi's piece set has been published to Chrome, Firefox, and GreasyFork as version 2.7. Just select “Hidetchi (Western)” from the shogi piece selector in BiggerGolem preferences.

• Carroll at 2018-04-19

Great, thanks!

It's working on Firefox (if you remember to save your options), I'll start to play Shogi again.

• Rbpompeu at 2018-04-20

FANTASTIC!!! Thank you guys!

• DrJochum at 2018-05-02

Did you ask Hidetchi for permission?

I doubt that he will not grant it. But you should ask!

• apetresc at 2018-05-14

I'm virtually certain he's okay with it; he follows me on Twitter where I post these changelogs, and retweets most of them, so I'm sure he's aware by now.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic