Thank you Richard ! - UI improvements General forum

7 replies. Last post: 2018-11-07

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Thank you Richard ! - UI improvements
  • bennok ★ at 2018-10-10

Didn't anyone notice ?

Richard made some improvements to the user interaction.

The most visible change for me was the new Twixt board. (Esthetically undeniably better, but I would have kept the pegs dimension smaller. The big white and black circles alter my vision of the game somehow…. I guess I need to see the connections rather than the pegs).

But I just noticed the main change : the annoying overlapping of the game's info frames above the board at certain window dimensions is gone !

Another thing I noticed is about the game navigation buttons: I remember that they used to jump all over the screen depending on the game history. Well they don't jump any more: one can effectively move through a game without moving the mouse at all !

Thanks again, Richard for all the work you put in this site!

• bennok ★ at 2018-10-10

Oops some parts of my message were lost here's the full version again : Didn't anyone notice ? Richard made some improvements to the user interaction.

The most visible change for me was the new Twixt board. (Esthetically undeniably better, but I would have kept the pegs dimension smaller. The big white and black circles alter my vision of the game somehow…. I guess I need to see the connections rather than the pegs).

But I just noticed the main change : the annoying overlapping of the game's info frames above the board at certain window dimensions is gone !

Another thing I noticed is about the game navigation buttons: I remember that they used to jump all over the screen depending on the game history. Well they don't jump any more: one can effectively move through a game without moving the mouse at all !

• bennok ★ at 2018-10-10

Dunno what's happening here is the missing end of the message:

• bennok ★ at 2018-10-10

I think, the site doesn't like exclamation marks. I'll have to refrain my enthousiasm.

The very end of my message that got censored:

Thanks again, Richard for all the work you put in this site. (without exclamation mark)

• bennok ★ at 2018-10-10

(As a test here is a modified version of the full original message again :) Didn't anyone notice ? Richard made some improvements to the user interaction.

But I just noticed the main change : the annoying overlapping of the game's info frames above the board at certain window dimensions is gone (exclamation mark).

Another thing I noticed is about the game navigation buttons: I remember that they used to jump all over the screen depending on the game history. Well they don't jump any more: one can effectively move through a game without moving the mouse at all (exclamation mark).

Thanks again, Richard for all the work you put in this site (exclamation mark).

• Florian Jamain at 2018-10-10

Haha bennok!!

• Christian K at 2018-11-07

Love the non-jumping buttons!

Return to forum

Reply to this topic