type="text/css" />

rules for numeric wyps? General forum

8 replies. Last post: 2021-09-08

Reply to this topic Return to forum

rules for numeric wyps?
  • Ray Garrison ★ at 2021-08-30
                Does anyone know where I can find the rules for this variant?  I used to play many years ago (at the time they kept changing the rules) and now there is an unusual symbol at the start (a wild card??)     

• William Fraser at 2021-08-31

I don't know of any rules published anywhere. I don't believe there is a wild-card (if you give a game number, I'll take a look and see what you mean).

Here is a summary (assuming you know the main rules):

Each tile should have 2 colors (and each color has a corresponding number of dots to help differentiate them). A “word” is any sequence of tiles that share a color. The first player chooses color, then the other player takes the first turn.

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2021-08-31

There are rules, but not very good for number version:
    https://docs.littlegolem.net/games/wyps/

• William Fraser at 2021-09-01

@Ray, sorry for the confusion, I got numeric WYPS confused with QYPS, which I think of as numeric (because I find the numbers less ambiguous than the colors). Yes, it looks as though there is a wild-card in the center at the beginning.

@Richard, thanks for pointing out the documentation pages.

• Nagy Fathy ★ at 2021-09-02

Sorry Richard but the document does not refer to numeric version at all!
    Let me try to summarize the rule:

• Each player has to add at least one tile each move.
    • A valid move has to be either a ascending sequence or the same number.
    • You can switch a single tile color to your color each move.
    • You can switch all the colors if your move is a line move.
    • Asterisk can be replace any number in your word, so you can use it in both a sequence or same number words.

There is a bug that asterisk may be represented as 0 with is not in the game tiles.
    I hope my summarization give you the minimum knowledge to start your game!
    Good luck!

• Nagy Fathy ★ at 2021-09-02

Sorry for the typos, and I forgot to add the goal of the game.
    The game finishes when you connect the three borders with your color, while your opponent can't break your connection, in this case your opponent has to resign.
    Also the game finishes when your are out of tiles.

• Ray Garrison ★ at 2021-09-07

Thank you very much Nagy Fathy!

• Carroll ★ at 2021-09-08

Yes thanks Nagy.
    To be more precise, an ascending or a same number sequence means that the gap between successive numbers is always 1 or 0, the joker taking corresponding value for the current turn.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic