Ladders: Remove inactive players? General forum

6 replies. Last post: 2022-04-27

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Ladders: Remove inactive players?
  • Ray Garrison ★ at 2022-04-19

Is there something in the ladder algorithm that will remove players who do not move?

I suspect there may be an issue. For example, look at the player Flegeton:

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/info/player.jsp?plid=38518

He is in several ladders but never makes a move, so he keeps losing by forfeit and keeps losing rating points. Yet he stays at the bottom of all the ladders and keeps getting new games.

Eventually, everyone will die. Do players who die continue to stick around as ghosts in the ladders? Constantly shredding their once glorious ratings?

• Begadoobie ★ at 2022-04-21

On some other servers, anyone in a Ladder that loses by timeout is automatically removed from the ladder.

They can of course rejoin … but at the bottom of the Ladder.

• Oakmoss at 2022-04-24

I recall seeing players disappear from the ladder after facing me and others multiple times without a win, but it took an awful long time. If there was and still is a mechanism to remove players, it needs retooling to a much lower threshold, perhaps two consecutive timeouts or a single timeout in which no moves were made.

• Paul Wiselius at 2022-04-27

Yes specially in the ladder games a faster remove mechanism is necessary. I had 2 such timeouts the last few days.

• McPutinBurgers at 2022-04-27

If inactive for a year then move them to the “Inactive Players Ladder”

If 4 years inactive in the Inactive Players Ladder then move them to the “Very Inactive Players Ladder”

If 16 years ………. “Very Very I……

• Christian0 at 2022-04-27

Yea it's really annoying with all the inactive players in the ladders, you waste so many games on them. How about implementing a mechanism that removes a player from the ladder if a player doesn't make a move in 3 games in a row? Or at least something similar?

Return to forum

Reply to this topic