New Record! General forum

11 replies. Last post: 2023-06-02

Reply to this topic Return to forum

New Record!
  • Nagy Fathy at 2023-06-01

I have 572 concurrent games, around 340 games have just started.

• Florian Jamain at 2023-06-01

lol

• slaapgraag at 2023-06-01

300 games goiing on, about 250 just started. It is a lot. But as always, Nagy wins ;-)

• Nagy Fathy at 2023-06-01

In this case this is not a win, it is a disaster, I play on other game sites too, and I have active games on all of them, and unfortunately, I have a life too?!

• Oakmoss at 2023-06-01

I think only ~20 started for me this time, bringing me up to 155. I'm setting a reminder on my phone to check what all I'm registered for that starts in July in case I completely lose my mind at some point this month and overestimate my free time (likely).

• brzytwa at 2023-06-01

For me, even 20 games is too much. I don't like double round system. Or at least rematches could start after the first game will finish.

• Oakmoss at 2023-06-01

Doing double match-ups but only having one go at a time would be less of a sudden workload, but also make the tournament potentially take twice as long. I have little doubt that consecutive championships would be forced to either overlap somehow or be delayed.

Another thing to possibly do (possibly in addition) is alter the time controls themselves; make championships a special case with something like 120+24 time controls versus LG's standard 240+36 for everything else.

• Crelo at 2023-06-02

The secret is to don't think, just play. I play on LG sometimes faster than real time rapid games. :-)

• Eykca at 2023-06-02

I'm with Crelo on this. I view the collection of games in my queue as a macro-level “game”. I move pretty rapidly through them. Come to think of it… that might explain my ranking in most these games…

• Dvd Avins at 2023-06-02

That's not why I play on this turn-based server. If I just wanted to play shallow games, there are lots of other places to play, at least for chess and go.

• Oakmoss at 2023-06-02

I go back and forth with different games, playing many… not quickly, but not thinking too deeply now actively expanding my strategy. But then, with one or two games at a time, I'll focus and research and strategize and make a 100-200 point jump. Games like Breakthrough and Connect6 are good examples–if ratings graphs were still here, you could see that reflected in them.

Then that paradigm is scaled up or down inversely to the number of games I'm playing; I'm more likely to deeply focus on each game if I've got 15 than when I have 150.

I do like to think at least a little bit, though. Blitz and Bullet games stress me out and make me feel like I'm getting actively worse. I can hear little crackles as my brain contracts like sucking the contents out of a Capri Sun.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic