TOO MUCH TIME Chess forum

3 replies. Last post: 2023-01-26

Reply to this topic Return to forum

TOO MUCH TIME
  • Lieutenant Columbo at 2022-10-08

I wish the time to move was shortened, to maybe 2 or 3 days. It seems some of the Players want to torture you with their delay response.

It's worse when you're are winning, and your opponent goes on for another 6 months preventing the next round to begin. Puts everyone in a backlog. UFFA!

• cssdixieland at 2023-01-25

Mister Prosciutto, You consider ten days per move 'too long' because very probably You have a reliable Internet. Other players may not be so fortunate. For those of us who depend on a Third World Internet, just two or three days per move would simply be unacceptable. Our Internet may fail FOR DAYS. Hopefully not more than ten days, but more than two or even more than three days of being 'in the dark' is a likely possibility. Be a little patient, please, although it is perfectly understandable to feel angry at dishonourable 'players' who delay games that they are losing, while they happily make their moves within reasonable time in games that they are winning. In a system for many participants it is difficult to find a 'perfect' solution. Perfection does not really exist, every solution implemented would find those who would disagree for whatever reason, or those who simply could not participate. I could not participate in Little Golem if I were forced to move within three days or less, because I face serious risk of being without Internet for more than three days and losing one or more games. Let us leave the time per move at ten days. Postal Chess usually takes longer for each move.

• Eykca at 2023-01-26

unreliable internet in Antarctica?

Return to forum

Reply to this topic