How do you offer a draw in the new interface? Chess forum

16 replies. Last post: 2023-11-13

Reply to this topic Return to forum

How do you offer a draw in the new interface?
  • Dvd Avins at 2022-12-28

How do you offer a draw in the new interface?

• richyfourtytwo at 2022-12-29

Somewhat related: I get errors when trying to resign in oceans 11.

• David Strupl ★ at 2023-03-01

No answer here? We are trying to draw with just two kings, and we don't know how to do it…

• Oakmoss at 2023-03-01

Hopefully the new interface recognizes three move repetition, and players can agree to trigger a draw that way in the meantime.

• slaapgraag at 2023-03-27

Same question here….

• Nagy Fathy at 2023-03-30

I have just finished a Chess960 game on the new interface, and it detected the three moves repetition, and it declared a draw automatically. I just wanted to confirm that!

• cssdixieland at 2023-08-14

A game is being played against one of the robots, in which a clear situation of tied game has been provoked. But the robot does not accept, he continues playing without saying a word. In another game against another robot, this second robot has clearly lost, having only his king and a few pawns against king, two castles and many more pawns. But he will not surrender, he also insists on playing. A Master human player would very probably accept the offered draw in one game, and would resign in the other. But the STUPID robots of Little Chess do not. They have not been told that accepting defeat, or accepting lack of victory, is a perfectly noble attitude of a Gentleman. The Little Golem robots are like little spoiled children, who have a tantrum when they are losing. Their father-programmer is of HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE intelligence.

• Oakmoss at 2023-08-14

I find it a little strange that fighting on in spite of a clearly lost situation would bother an advocate of Confederate sovereignty so much.

No one ever said the bots were intelligent in regard to etiquette, or the whole human experience, only very narrowly to chess with the simple instruction to find the least bad move and submit it until physically unable. You're personifying high and low voltages zipping through transistors; you accuse the bots of throwing a tantrum, but you're the one here doing so, lambasting an apple for not being an orange as they continue to quietly play on exactly the way they were designed by their creators–who were surely thinking more about challenging their opponents' skills than coddling their temperaments.

As Nagy Fathy said, they're susceptible to draw by repetition. Your options are to find a way to lure the bot into that or ride it out.

• William Fraser at 2023-08-20

This seems like a very large issue not to have been resolved yet.

Richard?

• David Strupl ★ at 2023-11-11

What can we do now? https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2397068

• richyfourtytwo at 2023-11-11

Is the 3 times repetition rule implemented? Not sure, never had it happen.

• MisterCat ★ at 2023-11-11

Just contacted Richard directly, and pointed him to this thread. Hopefully he will resolve all this. (meow). Btw, noticed over years - Richard does not spend his time reading Forum threads. He shouldn't have to, actually. Issues with the site, regarding Richard to intervene, should be directed to him using the button at the bottom. He'll read that. General issues, where ANYONE might be able to help out, are what the forum is all about. (the way I see it)

• Richard Malaschitz ★ at 2023-11-11
    • 3 times repetition is implemented
    • draw offer will be in next version of mobile app (now it is possible only on web)

That sure worked! If you are still at attention, Richard, you have left out one thing - draw by insufficient mating material (such as 2 kings, but not the only example). Was this EVER implemented here?
    mc

pm from Richard: “will be soon”.
    (meow)

• David Strupl ★ at 2023-11-13

In the game I mentioned above (https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2397068) there are only 2 kings. I don't see the option even when using the web version. Where is it? Moreover, the client doesn't allow me to move the king…. Thanks a lot, D.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic