Random Catchup: New User Tournaments! Catchup

8 replies. Last post: 2019-11-16

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Random Catchup: New User Tournaments!
  • Ray Garrison at 2017-11-17

The Random variation is a very fun game!  I strongly recommend it.  (one of my favorite games)

I have just added three new user tournaments,

November 2017 Random Catchup begins Nov. 23

December 2017 Random Catchup begins Dec. 15

January 2018 Random Catchup begins Jan. 1

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/games/gamedetail.jsp?gtid=catchup&page=ut

(or click on “tournaments” and scroll down to catchup, then far right click on user tournaments)

HAVE FUN

• NapoleonGolemite at 2017-12-01

Do you like it more than regular Catchup? If so, why?

• Ray Garrison at 2017-12-02

Yes, I do like random better.  The different starting positions suggest different opening strategies (sometimes), and the middle game tactics can be more interesting, for example, you can sometimes play to cut off an arm of the board.  So in other words, the strategies tend to be richer than in symmetrical catchup.  Much more exciting, in my opinion.

• Ray Garrison at 2018-01-01

I have added new monthly random catchup tournaments, all double round robin, rated for February, March , April and May, open for registration now.

Have Fun!!

• Andrey at 2019-11-14

Welcome ladies andgentlemen!

How about to have some fun and enjoy 2019-Xmas random catchup tournament.

From now we need: 1. Organizer; 2. Participants. 3. Good mood

I see that catchup game is underpopularized here (meaning number of active players) what is truly big surprise for me. I am playing only few months and find the game has combination of easy going (don't spend to much time on calculating next move) and still interesting and not easy tactics. Random is even more attractive!

I will try to personally wake up some players who has used to play catchup and guess 1 game against each opponent will be enough.

• ypercube at 2019-11-15

I don't see tournament added yet!

• Andrey at 2019-11-16

Thanks to Carroll now it is open for registration. Lets  join and enjoy! More players more fun:)

Happy Catchup New Year 2020

• Ban Dumb Motorways at 2019-11-16

quite random so why not

Return to forum

Reply to this topic