Catchup 7 User Tournament open for registration Catchup

11 replies. Last post: 32 hours ago

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Catchup 7 User Tournament open for registration
  • Mojmir Hanes ★ at 2020-11-01

Hi, guys, if you like playing Catchup Size 7, you might want considering registering in the just for fun tournament. Have fun ;) 
    Tournament is about to start on November, 15th (2020)

• metzgerism at 2020-11-01

Wow. Guess I don’t need to do any promoting for this, nice work Mojmir!

What happens with a user tournament any bigger than this (14 players right now)? We had them this big when Catchup was first implemented here, but no larger.

In other news I should probably clear out my participation in anything else...that’s going to be a lot of games.

• Andrey ★ at 2020-11-02

metzgerism ,  system will split players to small groups (4-5 players) and sorry for saying this – because of small groups tournamment will be dull, this is my opinion. 

• metzgerism at 2020-11-02

I thought about asking Richard to make RR groups no smaller than 7 and now I’m seriously considering it.

• PFW at 2020-11-02

Hi

• metzgerism at 2020-11-14

This tournament will be starting very soon – last chance to join if you are interested. We are currently at 19 participants. 

Link here: https://littlegolem.net/ng/a/Ctrn.action?view=&dto.id=1192

• ypercube ★ at 2020-11-15

Started, with 20 players.

Three groups, of 7, 7 and 6 players. 

• metzgerism at 2020-11-15

Just to clarify, what happens next? Top 2-3 in each group go to a final pool?

• ypercube ★ at 2020-11-15

Top 2 I think and all tied (if there’s a tie in 2nd place)

• Mojmir Hanes ★ at 2020-11-18

I believe top 2 promote (more if tied) as ypercube mentioned. Several months ago Catchup 5 User Tournament was played and top 2 players from every group promoted to final round.

• NickBentley at 32 hours ago

Designer here. Looking at some of the games as they’ve gotten underway. Trippy. I’ve played thousands of games of Catchup on small boards, but never once on a board this big. Would love to hear about your experiences as tournament goes on. Would love pointers to interesting games/moments, to help me better understand how it works at this size. 

Return to forum

Reply to this topic

Include game board: [game;id:123456] or [game;id:123456;move:20] or [game;id:123456;move:20;title:some text]