Played in 13th KPMC Go forum

5 replies. Last post: 2018-09-23

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Played in 13th KPMC
  • Crelo at 2018-09-21

Hello, recently I participated to 13th Korean Prime Minister Cup, representing Romania, with modest results, 3-3.

The novelty this year is that they used cameras to automatically write the games so every games in the tournament can be seen on the site.

Also the first tables were streamed live and they can be seen on YouTube.

• lazyplayer ★ at 2018-09-21

Crelo, at least you did a nice trip to Korea? And surely you've found interesting opponents. :)

• Crelo at 2018-09-22

Indeed, visiting Korea is always a nice experience. And the tournament is fun, with one player from each coountry you have to talk with people from all over the world. Of course I met there old friends from Europe I didn’t see in years.

Besides the tournament games there are other related activities, like games commented by professionals, simultaneous games and friendly games. There was also a shop to buy equipment and books. It is an immersing experience.

• Maurizio De Leo at 2018-09-22

Congratulations.

I went to the 2008 Mind Sport games and really enjoyed the experience. I see that Zoran Mutabzia is still around

• Crelo at 2018-09-23

Zoran was there, I asked him when was he European champion. He was In the 60s and 70s, when he was in his twenties. I was not even born when he won it first time in 67.  :)

Mind Sports Olympiad is very good if you go there to participate in as many games as you can. The Go tournament is not particullary good but the mix with players from other games is nice.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic