rules question Game of Empathy

21 replies. Last post: 2006-04-11

Reply to this topic Return to forum

rules question
  • Greck at 2006-01-29

is the Game of Empathy case sensitive?

• Crelo at 2006-01-30

But first what are the rules? I have no clue.

• Greck at 2006-01-30

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/egame/index.jsp

:-)

• klaashaas at 2006-01-30

Did you look at the example?

• Crelo at 2006-01-30

I didn't find the game page. I was looking on games page, not at the bottom of the main menu.

But of course, this is not a common game.

Thanks for your answers, I just started to play :)

• Greck at 2006-01-30

sure is a rather difficult to find! :)

• MichaeI X at 2006-02-01

Obviously, it's case insensitive. At least up to now the entered words were all lower case.

Next rules question: Is it allowed to enter a word twice?

I would have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

My suggestion: should be blocked

• ypercube at 2006-02-01

I think it is blocked already.

• Nagy Fathy at 2006-02-06

Hmm, singular and plural?? Why we consider Number and Numbers as too different words? also Add and Addition. I know it needs NLP processor to block it, but I guess it has to be discussed!!

• Greck at 2006-02-06

I don't think singular and plural should be distinguished. It is a measure of empathy knowing if people will write it in plural or singular.

• anwi at 2006-04-05

During “blue” game I was not able to use blues entry due singlar/plural limitation. I think it is too restrictive to forbid a plurar of main expresion. Of course my intention was not to enter plurar form of blue but a blues.

• Bill Collins at 2006-04-05

refer to previous tread “s” or No “s'.

• Judy at 2006-04-09

Are we carrying the discussion regarding plurals here too? I agree with Jeppe who suggested we all use the singular in matching what otheres will say.

And, Bill, your allempt to bypass the plural problem seemed like a good idea, sadly, it did not pan out.

I agree with Ed, that the word THE when followed by a space should be dropped.

Or maybe follow Jeppe's thought and have users eliminate from their responses.

• Greck at 2006-04-09

here 'toot'? it started here :)

• Judy at 2006-04-09

Of course, you are correct. This is one of the threads that have addressed the “problem. LOL

• Greck at 2006-04-09

lol XD

• Rex Moore at 2006-04-10

Judy said: “I agree with Jeppe who suggested we all use the singular in matching what otheres will say.”

And I say… I agree with the fellow in the other thread who suggested we all use the plural in matching what others will say.

Actually, I want us all to just use what we think others will say without discussing it like this, which I believe to be cheating.

• Judy at 2006-04-10

What is, if not cheating, is the failure to accurately predict the given

THOUGHT when they are virtually the same answer to one and other …which is robbery.

Cheating ALL the players who were on the same page, had the same answer

( minus an 's' or lack of it) and not giving them credit. That's cheating!

• Bill Collins at 2006-04-10

Ok People….. All games have rules. This game has rules. In Jeopardy if the answer is islands and you say island. They probably would let it pass, same thought, same word. That's their rule. A half hour later on The Wheel Of Fortune if the answer is islands and you say island, singular, you lose! Not the word they were looking for. That is their rule. Which rule is right? Doesn't matter what the people think which way is right, the people just play by the rules. Why can't we do that here? Doesn't matter if we like the rule or not, we just have to play by it.

• Rex Moore at 2006-04-10

Exactly, Bill. Our task is to choose the exact words, not the thoughts.

• Bill Collins at 2006-04-11

So you like the “Wheel Of Fortune” version. Some prefer the “Jeopardy” one.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic