About standings... Game of Empathy

6 replies. Last post: 2006-04-29

Reply to this topic Return to forum

About standings...
  • Hjallti ★ at 2006-04-21

As for now there are only standings of the last 7 days, making it hard if you don't play daily to get high, and making it hard to stay high. These standings are very instable.

Maybe someone (not necessary richard) could make scripts to create the following standings (if other players find this interesting).

Best 10 achievements regarding to

\* position in the game (so if you were 4th, 7th, 8th, … once you get 4+7+8+… )

\* absolute points (e.g. 150)

\* relative points regarding maximum possible (e.g. .6 if you scored 150 if the sum of the top10 expressions is 250)

\* relative points regarding best achievment (e.g. .8 if you got 150 and the winner got 200)

And for the players who play a lot Best 50 achievments might be also interesting.

Another idea could be giving weight to those achievements your best *10, second *9, and so on…

any other thoughts?

• Marius Halsor at 2006-04-21

I have dual feelings about this. One one hand, I love ratings, and a “long term rating” of some sort really appeals to me. on the other hand, this game is a bit different than the others, I suppose I consider it less “serious”. Also, it's extremely easy to cheat, and I fear that “awards” in the form of ratings might make some people cheat.

As to how a long term rating could be made, there are a multitude of options.

• Tasmanian Devil at 2006-04-21

In what way is it extremely easy to cheat?

• Hjallti ★ at 2006-04-25

Well, a bit na?ve I could imagine this:

people might 'negotiate' to have 5 equal words, if you do this with 10 people you win 50 points.

• Greck at 2006-04-25

or just register with 100 different nicks, don't need to negotiate :)

• Cindy at 2006-04-29

there are many ways to cheat, but why do we want to do that? then it wouldnt be an honest game.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic