A ridiculous championship Reversi forum

6 replies. Last post: 2009-12-16

Reply to this topic Return to forum

A ridiculous championship
  • quartastella at 2009-12-15

If you want to see someting really ridiculuos check out the current top league in reversi. Only 13 out of 36 games have moved past the first move. Seven of the nine nicks belong to the same person. The other two players are Roberto Sperandio (I assume he's the two-time Italian champion, right?) and majic jim, whom I don't know but who's currently beating UsEr_DaTa …

• Player8083 at 2009-12-15

yea, i'm cheating in the ones against user data and his aliases. I have free time and some overambitious theory that if he doesn't win all his games he might get disheartened and stop playing. Not gonna work I know

• quartastella at 2009-12-15

Kudos to you. It looks to me you're winning the game against UsEr_DaTa. I have a Japanese program that detects cheaters (it spotted UsEr_DaTa and igor already), but it's also supposed to beat a player who cheats and it's not even strong enough to beat this guy.

• FatPhil at 2009-12-16

It's fair to use against a cheater whatever technique the cheater uses against you. But pointless. I do move-1 resigns against all of the hardcore cheaters. Let them all bubble up into ch.1, and then we can just ignore them.

Or nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

• bloke at 2009-12-16

Resigning in move one would actually please these hardcore cheaters – they want to win championships, after all.

• Dvd Avins at 2009-12-16

If it's too easy and nobody cares, they'll lose interest.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic