Unofficial Registration for Granollers 2009 Hex, Havannah

18 replies. Last post: 2009-05-18

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Unofficial Registration for Granollers 2009
  • Greck at 2009-01-29

As the Hex Tournament will take place during a Games Fair and they are busy I still lack some info. But I know for sure that:

1) it will be May 23rd, saturday.

2) in the city of Granollers.

3) i'll bring, besides hex boards, some havannah base-8 boards and a few go boards; feel free to bring your favourite game (you'll find a bunch of players).

4) registration will be free, and we are working on prizes.

These data are enough to you to know if you plan to come to the tournament, and if you state so here, perhaps you'll atract more players to come ;)

Soooo, who plans to come?

• Greck at 2009-01-29

I of course, will. And at least five spanish players told they come for sure.

• Ruben Berenguel at 2009-01-29

I will. Although I will miss one basketball game :(

• MarleysGhost at 2009-01-29

Any change of playing remotely?

• MarleysGhost at 2009-01-29

Any chanCe of playing remotely? Via instant messaging through WiFi, operated by a volunteer?

• Greck at 2009-01-30

don't think so, sorry

• Marius Halsor at 2009-01-30

I'm interrested in participating, BUT ONLY if there are several other LG players attending as well.

• ypercube at 2009-01-30

I'm interested, too, but my chances of coming are about 6% :(

About remote playing, other games played with stones like go, havannah, basketball and future tournaments:

This tournament looks like fun, big fun. The more players participate in this first one, the more chances it will be a success, the more chances the organizers will want a rebound next year. So, please, try to go. Barcelona has an airport, flight is cheap these days, staying 2 or 3 days in Spain won't be so expensive (Gregorio, any chances you help people find places to stay?), you can visit various sites after or before the tournament. If you have an airplane phobia, buses and cars can go too, to Spain. (don't try this from America, unless you leave now).

When (and if) the tournament is replayed next year, a good idea is to make besides the Hex one, an official tournament of another game to attract more (and different) players. Amazons at 2010, TwixT at 2011, Havannah at 2012, etc… Once you have the knowhow of running one, having two (or more) tournaments is a piece of cake.

• ypercube at 2009-01-30

So, guys and girls, what are you waiting to register?

(I know, i'm in the wrong business, I should be an advertiser)

• Stanley Kozera at 2009-02-01

I'll do my best… but its exactly in the middle of my exams :( my chances are : 10% ;)

• Taral at 2009-02-01

I would like to come, and my chances are pretty high, provided that also other people from LG join.

• passenger at 2009-02-01

I'll try to be there. If I only find a good job quickly (which I'm currently looking for) then I do my best to come:)

• Ruben Berenguel at 2009-02-02

yper, I'm coming (and missing my game…) to ensure that enough people show. If the tournament goes well, with nice attendance, next year could be another one, and so on. And, of course, Gregorio would kill me, if I didn't come…

• Greck at 2009-02-16

sooooo, anyone else?

• mindsama at 2009-02-16

I will go to granollers (last two years i have gone). Problem is that is a meeting point so see and talk with other boardgames fans in spain, and i don't know if i would have time to play, i will try to cath time for it, because i want to play. ¿The tournament would be full day or only morning? Well i think i would be full day no? But probablu at the end of morning with my bad play i wpuld be eliminated, then, it doesnt matter :P

PD: sorry my bad english

PD2: if some people from LG goes, i will bring my dvonn and other Gipf series games, i am a little better at dvonn thant at hex :P

• Greck at 2009-04-27

mindsama, sorry for not answering before..

it will only be in the morning, but i'll bring havannah board and other games ;)

it would be great seein you there!

anyone else is coming? we arranged a nicely-priced hotel next to tournament venue

• Ruben Berenguel at 2009-05-17

As Gregorio already knows, I won't be coming, finally. I forgot and arranged a trip with my girlfriend :(

• Marius Halsor at 2009-05-18

I'm unable to attend, too. Work is getting in the way, unfortunately.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic