What would it take for Maciej to return to the rating list? TWIXT PP

2 replies. Last post: 2020-01-11

Reply to this topic Return to forum

What would it take for Maciej to return to the rating list?
  • David J Bush ★ at 2020-01-11

Maciej is actively assisting us in our World vs. Twixtbot match. As I recall, his rating was over 2600 before he became officially inactive. He’s not on the full list now.

Would he have to complete a rated game in order to get back on? I ask because the stated policy of Mr. Cat, in case we cannot resolve our disagreements about what to play next, is that the highest rated player should make the decision. But one might argue that Maciej doesn’t have any rating.

Thanks for any info.

• MisterCat ★ at 2020-01-11

That wasn't MY policy, David; that was spd_iv's policy!  I actually disagreed with him.  I am hoping that the discussion manages to arrive at an agreed conclusion, in an 'informal' manner.  I did not want to get involved with ratings or with voting methods.  Now, if you are wondering what I will do if push comes to shove - meaning there are 2 or move moves favored strongly by several different players, and the issue can not seem to resolve itself?  Well, to just give you an idea (not my only one), I will do the work of focusing the points of discussion to the TEAM, and also take note of the MAJORITY favorite.  Thus, if Maceij likes one move, but David, Florian, and spd_iv all like another move, and there are no other opinions offered, I would probably pick the move favored by three people over the one favored by one person.  I will warn when I am about to move and what the move is - and at this point, if there are last gasp, desperate arguments presented to talk me out of it, I will listen (with the wisdom of Solomon).

Or, I suppose I could play 'God' here, and pick the move I want, based on what I've been reading, since I'm in control of the game (and recall, I've offered to pass on that control).  I'd rather not have to do that, but there's no way in hell that I will allow us to time-out lose.  Too much effort has been put in so far!

As for your 'technical' question in this thread, to my understanding, all Maceij did was log out.  Anybody could do that at any time.  When you log out, you'll disappear.  Alan's done this quite a few times.  When you log in again, you SHOULD reappear with your rating intact.  At least, I think that's how it goes. meow.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic