Championship 66? TWIXT PP

12 replies. Last post: 2023-01-21

Reply to this topic Return to forum

Championship 66?
  • Hairspring at 2022-12-10

Shouldn't we have seen championship 66 start by now? (Or maybe I don't know how that works.)

• David J Bush ★ at 2022-12-10

See this thread. Richard says “All championships start on 1st day of month.”

• Hairspring at 2022-12-11

I understand that. I had thought that group 1 was the last to finish (maybe one of my games actually) but we were done in November. I was expecting a December start.

• Hairspring at 2022-12-11

Actually, I just looked at the group tournament finish dates and, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like we were done in October. It was just seeming like it had been kind of a long time since the end of the last championship, I guess that is why.

• David J Bush ★ at 2023-01-02

So WHAT UP RICHARD

• Hairspring at 2023-01-05

Have we Twixt players upset the natural order? Are we forsaken? Can we be redeemed? Will a new championship ever start? (The last one ended in October of 2022.)

• Florian Jamain at 2023-01-05

My last TwixT video is talking about this championship!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52GHUil_kI

• Hairspring at 2023-01-05

Ugh, you looked at THAT game. It was an embarrassment. I just threw pegs on the board my first three moves and it shows in the results. I do that a lot. My early game is terrible in general.

But, more importantly, does anyone have a direct line to Richard to beg for the next championship. I miss it.

• Florian Jamain at 2023-01-05

You can find there also a little training: https://www.youtube.com/@bbzabstractgames/community

Like a diagram of the day!

I'll try to contact Richard!

• David J Bush ★ at 2023-01-08

Apparently, the tournament has fewer than 30 registrants, so we are restricted to 3 or maybe 4 per year. The next one starts on Feb. 1

• David J Bush ★ at 2023-01-08

Here is the schedule.

Just 3 per year: Febtuary, April, and July.

• shyryan ★ at 2023-01-21

Wow. Just 1 per year for each board size. This is a recent development, right? The page for TwixtPP says there are 50 participants in the size-24 championship — is there any way to “earn” more tournaments a year? Each one only takes about three or four months to finish.

Actually, now that I look at that schedule David posted, it looks like every game only has one championship tournament per year now. Is this a change people were asking for? I personally loved having a new crop of games every few months without having to jump in on the monthlies, but if people like the higher stakes of the once-a-year championship I totally get that.

Return to forum

Reply to this topic